1:6 Taarna from Heavy Metal discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BatToys

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Heavy Metal magazine announced a new Taarna standalone series with an Alex Ross cover. Hot Toys has not made any announcement of a Taarna but since she's a popular and iconic character that seems to be gradually returning perhaps HT will consider it.

Re: Hot Toys Taarna from Heavy Metal discussion

Uhm...he is correct...this unequivocally will not be happening...there is nothing in the past, present, or predictable future of the Hot Toys business model that would support this. The moderators should probably close this thread because any other responses will more than likely be less polite variations of this response. Sorry.

Taarna, if ever there was a character made, is definitely right for Phicen. It's right up their alley. I'd get a Taarna and a Julie Strain from F.A.K.K.2 if they made it.
Ryan

Phicen does seem more likely to make Taarna but their quality isn't yet Hot Toys level. It does seem a longshot for Hot Toys and Heavy Metal seems to be overly cautious in bringing back Taarna.

Hey, nothing wrong with hoping. Super, crazy odds against it but anything is possible.

Phicen does seem more likely to make Taarna but their quality isn't yet Hot Toys level. It does seem a longshot for Hot Toys and Heavy Metal seems to be overly cautious in bringing back Taarna.

True, but Phicen isn't charging Hot Toys prices :) Their prices have increased a lot over the past year or two, though.

I would like to recommend a less misleading thread title...like "Should Hot Toys do a Heavy Metal Taarna figure?" You got my hopes up for about 3 seconds until the thread loaded :p

I may start a thread titled "Hot Toys DX15 jal76 Figure..." anything is possible...

I would like to recommend a less misleading thread title...like "Should Hot Toys do a Heavy Metal Taarna figure?" You got my hopes up for about 3 seconds until the thread loaded :p

I see your point but Hot Toys reads these comments and sometimes act on them even if they don't directly reply. More for them to notice thread but I did add the word discussion. If they ever make Taarna I suppose it depends how popular the Heavy Metal movie was in Asian markets and if a new Taarna movie is made. Only thing announced was a Taarna comic book in September.

A decent 1/6 Taarna had been a grail of mine for years now. Even started putting together a custom one once or twice. Sadly, I don't ever envision Hot Toys going for it. Maybe another company could take up the idea, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'd like Hot Toys FAKK2 Julie while at it...

dd546fa6-dfd4-4bca-8299-2bf046c27237.jpg

I see your point but Hot Toys reads these comments and sometimes act on them even if they don't directly reply. More for them to notice thread but I did add the word discussion. If they ever make Taarna I suppose it depends how popular the Heavy Metal movie was in Asian markets and if a new Taarna movie is made. Only thing announced was a Taarna comic book in September.

Sorry dude, but you are just pissing in the wind. No one from Hot Toys is gonna read this thread and say "great idea, let's do this"

Hot Toys, since the title of this thread caught your attention I would also like to suggest a Mr. Roper and Jack Tripper two pack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hot Toys, since the title of this thread caught your attention I would also like to suggest a Mr. Roper and Jack Tripper two pack.

I see where you're going with this. Jack's DX version could include a diorama of The Regal Beagle.

Yes, just like the diorama that came with Indy. Perfect!! Unfortunately we probably wouldn't get Larry or the girls. Make it so Hot Toys.

Back