Single colored background for Detolf - how to?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roach_rch

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey there fellow Freaks!

I'm new to the Detolf game, been using Billy cabinets before, but I got myself a super nice deal and scored 4 Detolfs for the price of one and a half :)

Here's my current setup:
18013422_283991595382174_5267229342127095808_n.jpg

I will buy another cabinet to get them rised, LED lights are on their way as well, but what bothers me is my white wall behind the cabinets. I'd prefer much darker bg, either black or dark grey. I don't want it to reflect the light, be smooth and not show any visible seams. Nor I want to paint the wall :)

Hence my question: I see a lot of displays that have black bgs - how did you guys do it? What did you use? Cardboards of some sorts? Fabric? Foil? Anything else? How did you attach it to the cabinet?

I'll be very thankful for all possible tips!

Cheers!

Nice setup!

You can actually use everything you already listed above but note that you will still have reflections from the shelfs and from the sides walls. These reflectors reduce it a lot and you also get rid of disturbing led hot spots in the eyes (biggest benefit imo):

[url]https://www.base.works/store/base-reflectors/
[/URL]

Do those work for the backs as well? :eek:

Use a black window film. I used the same for a mirror-like background instead of black.

Edit: Just realized you don't want a reflective background.

Nice setup!

You can actually use everything you already listed above but note that you will still have reflections from the shelfs and from the sides walls. These reflectors reduce it a lot and you also get rid of disturbing led hot spots in the eyes (biggest benefit imo):

[url]https://www.base.works/store/base-reflectors/
[/URL]

When I click the link it says it's "password protected"?

Back