1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DasMuse

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing as how it's pretty much official now and people want to keep the discussions separate, it deserves it's own thread.

LOVE that gun.

18057862_835205586631460_2854886467707735681_n (1).jpg

I'll just get the parted-out gun. Not gonna preorder this after I've had vol. 1 Drax on preorder for such a long time and I'm not gonna cancel the first. If HT includes another head sculpt, I'll get that separately too.

Glad they're making the whole team for Vol. 2, but I don't really need another Drax. Hopefully this guy comes out a little sooner after the movie than the first one. They DO have the body done now, so that should help.

If they do add a screaming face, I'll probably pick that up. Always a big fan of more emotion on my action figures.

Easy pass for once :yess: Like the rest of the original Guardians figures, I only need one Drax for my collection.

This is a rough one for me. I want the entire second run, as I bought the first. However, Drax's sculpt is SO boring 2x in a row. Nothing changes. I am going to sit on this one and consider a parted out gun. This is not an easy decision for me.

If I do order a Drax, I'd prefer them to be a matching set, as all the others will be from Vol.2... (if I push the trigger on Gamora and Rocket). That Gamora announcement will be the trigger point for me, between just getting Star-Lord or all 4...

As I mentioned in the thread for the first Drax figure, I really don't think V2 Drax is going to be a big seller if what is shown will pretty much be the final product.

The group that will be inclined to purchase a V2 are completionists who are going for exclusively a GotG V2 display with the characters in their V2 outfits. Those who are sticking with the figures from the first film (such as myself) to represent their GotG display, or those who just want a Drax figure to have him represented in general, I imagine will likely just stick with the first one being that there's very minimal difference between the two. For those people it's basically at this point a case of just give me a Drax figure, I don't care which one it is.

Even with minimal differences, I'm sure this will probably be priced slightly higher than the first.

I really think they'd be stupid to try to sell another Drax. They should just offer the pants and gun in an accessory pack.

So far I like Rocket better in orange (maybe get the screaming head)
I like big Groot
I like sleeveless Gamora
I like Drax with gray/purple pants (1st Drax)

Star-Lord is the only one that's kind of a toss up. But his original is pricey on ebay so maybe v2 is the way to go for those just starting out.

Back