Just got my very first 1/6 Hot Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanderkay

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
...and who else other than Darth Vader would fit better as my first pick :) So I picked up the newest Darth Vader Rogue One version 1/6 and I got to say I am in love! Actually I feel so much in love when I packed it open that I ordered 2 stormtroopers right away.

Now I'm 31 and this is like I mentioned my first Hot Toys figure ever, actually my first figure ever of this price range and I thinnk it's safe to say that I'm hooked :) That been said though I will have to hold back a little due to the prices here compared to the prices in the US. I found this figure in the US for around 280$ I believe it was, but here in Europe I had to pay over 400 due to import prices + taxes etc. which sucks.

Now I really wanted to grab that deal sideshow currently have on 2 troopers + captain phasma, but at 389$ + 80$ for shipping and then once customs here see it they will add another 100-150$ tax so where in the US the total is 389$ for me it would be roughly 620$ which really sucks. Don't know if any of you other guys from europe on here got experience with this, but here in Denmark they basically add a minimum of 25% custom taxes on anything from outside of EU and even more when it's "collectibles" of a certain value.

Anyways I basically just wanted to say Hi to ya'll on here and hopefully I'll be able to take part in some nice discussion on here :)

Welcome to the dark side, I forsee many more figures in your future.

I feel your pain about customs, I'm from Sweden.

I usually Compare to local prices/shops, but in the end I'm still ordering from SS most of the time, even counting shipping and VAT it's still pretty much the same as prices Locally and you get reward points from SS.

Obi Wan You've taken your first step into a larger world.jpg

Congrats on getting Vader - a great character and figure to start off with! :rock

:welcome1: to the forum :wave too!

Welcome to the dark side, I forsee many more figures in your future.

I feel your pain about customs, I'm from Sweden.

I usually Compare to local prices/shops, but in the end I'm still ordering from SS most of the time, even counting shipping and VAT it's still pretty much the same as prices Locally and you get reward points from SS.

Yea I just figured with the price being being the same with customs shipping etc. I would rather support a local shop :)

Thanks a lot for the welcome everyone.

I live in Ireland, so I have felt the customs pain. Which two Stormtroopers did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

If I can offer one tip, it would be to make sure to order a figure you really want early on.

The days of figures selling out quickly are likely over as Hot Toys makes a lot more figures in general versus what they used to. But you never know. Sometimes they still surprise us, like with the Rogue One Vader and Stormtroopers selling out.

If you wait, you can often find good deals, like on the glut of TFA figures they made. But that big miscalculation on TFA figures will probably affect the numbers for future runs.

So if it's something you absolutely must have, consider not waiting too long as it may sell out and you'll end up paying more on the secondary market.

But if it's something you can live without but still want, it doesn't hurt to wait and see if a deal pops up.

Also be sure to keep up with Sideshow's special events they do for free reward points, like Spooktacular before Halloween.

Welcome, i hope your wallet is prepared. Even if you limit yourself to select OT figures, it'll still run into 1000's.

I live in Ireland, so I have felt the customs pain. Which two Stormtroopers did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These ones: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-first-order-stormtroopers-hot-toys-902537/ I kinda had a personal battle whether to order the new ones or go for the classic ones, but I got to admit I'm a suckah for the new First order ones :) but someday I will get a classic trooper officer, really like that one and the tattooine version is really nice I think with the dirt etc. on it.

One thing I tend not to like about the stormtroopers from hot toys etc (and I know a lot of people really like this) but the excessive clean look is just not for me, I prefer troopers with some dirt on them, so they look like they have actually seen some action and didn't just come out from the "how the wash your armor" class. So I'm thinking that once I get those 2 troopers, I will add a wash to them myself either with some light black or sand wash.

Congratulations!

If I can offer one tip, it would be to make sure to order a figure you really want early on.

The days of figures selling out quickly are likely over as Hot Toys makes a lot more figures in general versus what they used to. But you never know. Sometimes they still surprise us, like with the Rogue One Vader and Stormtroopers selling out.

If you wait, you can often find good deals, like on the glut of TFA figures they made. But that big miscalculation on TFA figures will probably affect the numbers for future runs.

So if it's something you absolutely must have, consider not waiting too long as it may sell out and you'll end up paying more on the secondary market.

But if it's something you can live without but still want, it doesn't hurt to wait and see if a deal pops up.

Also be sure to keep up with Sideshow's special events they do for free reward points, like Spooktacular before Halloween.

If it's one I really want I'll buy it right away regardless of price :) It just hurts to see that if I were in the states said figure would cost let's say 270$, but I would have to pay 370 due to customs and shipping. The shipping I don't mind it's the damn custom tax laws that bugs me, just because it is shipped from the US.

Welcome to the Star Wars Hot Toys galaxy. One purchased, ten pre-order to follow !!! Bought in the US is really not a good idea for your wallet. There are many interesting shops in France or Belgium if you are looking for good alternatives in europe.

Welcome to the Star Wars Hot Toys galaxy. One purchased, ten pre-order to follow !!! Bought in the US is really not a good idea for your wallet. There are many interesting shops in France or Belgium if you are looking for good alternatives in europe.

Any chance you could link to these sites? Also when you mention them I take it they ship outside their own country? :)

Welcome and great first pick! I'd recommend looking around local ebay sellers, they have good prices at times, especially if they are in your country, you could avoid the extra fees.

Back