[VTS TOYS] Deadpool: FRANCIS / AJAX 1/6 Figure "The Axeman"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintpot

Super Freak
Reaction score
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/vts-toys-16th-scale-axeman-francisco.html

This looks pretty good actually. I quite liked his design from the film so I may pick him up if he's cheap.

That looks pretty horrible...
Kinda odd tho, I've seen pics on twitter with a decent head:

DQd1KJdUEAAen6q.jpg

I had a hard time finding any reviews about this guy... So I took one for the team and just bought him. I don't normally review, but I like to fill in the blanks, so if you guys have any questions, let me know.

Overall, I think for the price, it's a good value. If you really liked Deadpool, I think he would make an excellent addition. His clothes are screen accurate as far as I can tell. What you see in the promo pics is accurate to what you get. The box feels like decent HT quality, though the art is just some generic graphics and there are no instructions (but honestly none are needed). The toy quality feels pretty good. stitching on the vest could be better, but it's not that egregious. My only major complaint is the axes feel cheap compared to the rest of the toy, but to be fair, I've been spoiled by diecast weapons as of late.

The head sculpt is pretty darn good in the correct lighting. I think it's hard to nail the shaved head since it's at various lengths through the movie, that said the hair feels just a tad dark. Even if not 100% accurate, I don't feel like the Ajax actor has a memorable enough face that I would notice any inaccuracies, which helps in the toys favor. The head sculpt is two pieces, and is the most buttery smooth experience I've ever had taking the head on and off since it just slides on snug without too much friction.

If you were on the fence, but were considering getting him, I say go for it. Happy collecting!

Back