Media Call of Duty: WWII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
ftzb9gfuujsrqenaq8d2.png

I haven't picked up a Call of Duty game in years, but, depending on what this looks like, I might just wind up returning to the series.

https://kotaku.com/activision-announces-call-of-duty-wwii-1794534489

I haven't played a COD game in a long time either, but I loved the first couple. As long as I don't have to play multiplayer then I may pick this up eventually. I love WWII shooters.

I've become addicted to Battlefield 1's online mode after my buddy bought me a copy for Christmas. If you like those old school pre-Vietnam shooters (which, by the way, it still pisses me off that their only foray into the conflict in Vietnam was that Black Ops ******** with the high tech drones and the CIA/Bay of Pigs angle; I feel like that period in particular would be rife for compelling stories), it's got a pretty cool, albeit relatively short campaign (really, more like 6 or so separate mini campaigns that cover everything from T.E. Lawrence in Arabia to some of the flying aces and, in perhaps one of the most inadvertently tone-deaf moves by a company ever, the story of the Harlem Hellfighters, which acts as a tutorial for how to play the game, and in which, for the purposes of the game, all of the black men comprising the unit are the first to die.

Online's a blast, though, as long as you have good teammates. For the most part, if you're halfway decent at shooters and you have a good squad, you can be pretty successful. It was the first time since, I think Modern Warfare 2 that I picked up a shooter, and I can honestly say I've become pretty damn proficient at it. Headsets work wonders for communication, as well, though. That definitely helps.:lol

ive gotten so sick of call of duty with all the perks, killstreaks, tech crap, and all the bandaids for bad players, ive given up on it completely. if this goes back to the way call of duty was when your kills actually meant something, ill be back. i figure theyll find a way to ruin this one as well. i used to have so much fun knowing i shot or bombed every person i killed, it was so satisfying. i hope to god this one is the one.

ive gotten so sick of call of duty with all the perks, killstreaks, tech crap, and all the bandaids for bad players, ive given up on it completely. if this goes back to the way call of duty was when your kills actually meant something, ill be back. i figure theyll find a way to ruin this one as well. i used to have so much fun knowing i shot or bombed every person i killed, it was so satisfying. i hope to god this one is the one.

:exactly:

Yeah COD needed to get back to basics, I really liked COD 4 & MW2, The last COD I got was Black Ops, that kind of underwhelmed me, and yeah the series just got messy over the years, with all this futuristic stuff and a million perks, killstreaks, attachments etc.
Only problem is I sold off my consoles a few years ago. I still got a pretty decent gaming laptop but it probably wont have good enough specs for the latest games.

Even though WWII games have been done to death, I wouldn't mind a new COD based on it. Especially with current technology.

There was a glut of WW2 games for a while there, so I understand why they stopped making them, but they kind of went too far with making basically none recently. I think it's been long enough, I'm excited to play one again!

I was able to join the private beta today since I have this on PO. Multiplayer has some fun elements to it, but once again there quick scopers everywhere and I'm constantly getting shot in the back.

Plus the BS lag appears to be back. Where i put almost 10 shots into an enemy but the kill cam shows i never got off a shot.

Back