Bela Lugosi vs Christopher Lee Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Lee or Bela Lugosi?

• Bela Lugosi

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Christopher Lee

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

popcorn

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi. Thought it would fun to get opinions on your thoughts on who you think is the better Count Dracula. Bela Lugosi or Christopher Lee? It's hands down Lee for me.

Lugosi's was more creepy.

Too bad he had the worst death. "hey guys, he's dead. Don't bother showing him getting killed. Just end the movie and roll credits."

Lee, no contest for me! The guy had the charm, the savagery, the stature, the voice, everything to make him perfect as the Count!

I like Lugosi too, but he was a bit pudgy and that movie, even for the time, was so badly edited that I can only place him second. His one asset, though, was his accent.

Lugosi hands down. He will always be Dracula.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Lugosi's was more creepy.

Too bad he had the worst death. "hey guys, he's dead. Don't bother showing him getting killed. Just end the movie and roll credits."

I wonder if Peter Jackson took inspiration from the original Dracula for Saruman's exit in the theatrical ROTK. "Hey guys, we just defeated a major villain from two entire movies, but eh, no need to see that, his power is gone." *next scene*

Thanks for the input so far. I prefer Lee because he could be charming one minute, then like a feral animal the next. Lugosi just seemed like a pudgy faced thug to me and his lines seemed forced(probably due to the language barrier). Also, Lee had the fangs and red eyes(no fault of Lugosi they didn't have those effects for the '31 version). Lugosi was the first however unless you count Max Schreck unofficially.

Best and scariest dracula here

gal-vampire-garyoldman-jpg.jpg

Oh, come on! He's got to be the worst! Awesome film, awesome costumes, awesome actor, but such a poor Dracula. I could never understand why they cast him as Dracula. He is really great but as far as Dracula, that was a total miscast!

The scenes in the castle were the most terrifying

The scenes in the castle were the most terrifying

True, the film as a whole was awesome, it's just, I still have a lot of trouble seeing Oldman portray Dracula, in spite of his performance. Have you watched the edited scenes from the movie? They're very interesting because it shows that it doesn't take much to make something horrifying or just cheesy.

Coppola's Dracula is fantastic film but Oldman as good as he was isn't the true count for me Bela always will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

i understand the importance and significance of Lugosi's dracula and i understand he created some of the iconic characteristics of dracula in general with his performance, but i never found him scary not even when i was little. I remember wolfman and creature of black lagoon scaring me but dracula never made me feel any fear,

the 90s movie has some scenes that marked me for life. the wall crawling and the baby feeding were super creepy. the laugh gary oldman does when giving the baby to the brides to this day makes me uncomfortable

i do know once dracula reaches London as a young man he becomes cheesy and silly. but when hes as the bat creature with the red eyes, that was super creepy too

Thats true. Lee was more menacing and more aggressive.
Had more of a predator presence

Back