Star ACE 1/8 scale Harry Potter & Lord Voldemort

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Castle Collectibles

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
With the new development of 1/6 scales, Star ACE have developed 1/8 scales Harry Potter Series with very good price point. Any discussion / commemts are welcome.

MSRP: Approx $130.00 each

1/8 scale Harry Potter (Tri-wizard Tourament ver.) New images release
1.jpg

h4.jpg

h5.jpg

h3.jpg

h2.jpg

h1.jpg

Lord Voldemort at "Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire" New images release
0.jpg

v5.jpg

v3.jpg

v4.jpg

v2.jpg

v1.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I'd be more interested if they updated us on the DC tv and Tarantino licenses, not posting this and constant reviews of their products on Facebook. Losing interest in them fast.

That's not a Goblet of Fire Voldemort. That's a DH Voldemort, and one with a poorer likeness than the 1/6 version. The likeness on Harry is an improvement on the 1/6 version, but not as good as the POA and COS versions. The price point isn't too bad, I may get these if they go on sale.

I think the scale chart is interesting though. Could they possibly be considering doing 6 inch figures?

It is frustrating to see them change scale to something so odd. I don't think there are any other 1/8 scale lines so these will look very odd on a shelf with other figures. If they wanted to do smaller figures, why not just go straight to the more popular 6 inch scale?

I'd be more interested if they updated us on the DC tv and Tarantino licenses, not posting this and constant reviews of their products on Facebook. Losing interest in them fast.

Agreed. Their King Leo dropped in quality from proto to final product pretty significantly and now this "reveal" instead of the licensees you mentioned makes me less than happy with Star Ace right now.

Why do this scale? Seems like 1/4,1/6, 1/9, 1/12 are the regular scales and this has just been made up lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They don't look bad, but I honestly would rather them do more figures in 1/6th scale. Why abandon what has been so successful for them now? They've been so quiet lately.

They don't look bad, but I honestly would rather them do more figures in 1/6th scale. Why abandon what has been so successful for them now? They've been so quiet lately.

Probably 1/6 is not that successful , that's why they've been quite. To be honest they too late 7 years for Harry Potter stuff.

Harry Potter is not something like Terminator or Alien which lifetime classic.

Wonder if the potential 6 inch figs will be clothed mezco style or done like higher end import figures

What in the world lol...A Deathly Hallows Voldemort Vs. a First Task Harry Potter...neither of them wore those outfits in the scene they are advertising in them in? The scale too is quite odd...I think I'm going to have to pass on these :/

If they were actual Goblet of Fire Task 3/Graveyard scene Harry & Voldemort then I would easily buy them - but this is just kind of awkward having two random figures presented in this manner.

Hum. Strange choice to make this.
I do not need a smaler Harry and the Dark Lord and will not be getting thise.
What I do need is Minerva McGonagall, Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix in 1/6 scale. That Is what I want to buy :)

Although I question the market of 1/8th scale, if this results in more 1/6th scale HP figures and other Star Ace products - I can't really complain. These seem to be easier to produce on their side also if they are gonna just make smaller scale versions of their already existing moulds, sculpts and clothing designs which already exist in their 1/6th scale line.

This is...odd. They are clearly looking to start something 'new' in the industry, hence their choice of 1/8th scale rather than 1/9th.

Why do people NOT buy high end sixth scale action figures, even of licenses they love? Price and space. They cost $220, and take up a lot of room.

Mezco's One:12 Collective is an answer to both problems. They are still producing very high quality stuff, but at $70, and they take up a lot less room. And the response has been extremely good, proving it is possible to do something new in the market and build a following.

Mezco also wasn't trying to get current high end sixth scale collectors to step down in price and size. They were trying to get Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black, and other 1/12 collectors to step up. Companies like ThreeA, Mafex and Tamashii Nations had already greased the skids with prices in the $50 - $60 range.

Mezco also has another advantage when doing something similar - they aren't already tied tightly to a particular scale as a company. Remember when Hot Toys tried to do 6" figures? People think of Star Ace as a sixth scale company, and getting them out of that mindset might be tough.

I think their biggest hurdle is the price point. We know there's a market for $200 - $250 sixth scale figures. We know there's a market for $75 1/12 scale figures. Does that leave anyone for the market in the middle?

Well let's see: Star Ace first releases were $185 and then quickly increased to $230

These will start at $130 and in quick succession be $175

Pass.

Well let's see: Star Ace first releases were $185 and then quickly increased to $230

These will start at $130 and in quick succession be $175

Pass.

They're actually up to the $250s if we don't include Hagrid ($300+)

I'll be considering that Harry. I want the sixth scale version, but it's a bit too expensive and big for my display, so this is a good alternative. I'd rather have had 1/12 figures similar to Mezco's figures though.

Seems to me, none of the companies that made small scale versions of their larger brethren are still in business. Seems a desperate move.

Back