List of Hot Toys & Sixth Scale Figure Stores in Los Angeles, California

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! One of the most common questions I see pop up from time to time is "Where can I shop for figures in Los Angeles" - LA is the Entertainment Capitol of The World without a doubt. Universal Studios Hollywood and Disney land are both located here. The city generates close to 46 Million visitors a year. With that said, some of these visitors are bound to be fellow collectors interested in maybe checking out some local stores. Being a Los Angeles resident, I have compiled a List of Sixth Scale Figure Stores in Los Angeles - Hope You Enjoy The Article!

Nice article! I bought my first statue from Universal Comics and have been a customer for years. Kat is a down to Earth guy and the prices are great. Thing From Another World has an impressive selection but (being part of Universal City Walk) the collectibles can sometimes have a bit of markup. I'll have to check out Toy Mandala.

Toy Mandala is a really cool store but they have an extremely limited selection of 1/6th.

I like Blast from the Past quite a bit, they recently relocated into an old bank (the address in the article is correct but it looks like the store front picture is from their old place on Hollywood Way). Blast has a decent selection of Hot Toys, they used to have a lot of older Sideshow GIJoe and Star Wars but most of those were gone last time I was in there (I did get a Plo Kloon for original retail price though, not a bad figure for the day and at $59 is a great deal).

Things is definitely cool to browse but they have better deals on their website... I got two different Clone Commanders at over 50% off at their Comic-con booth and they have a great nick and dent section for comics (and once in a while toys) online.

Frank and Sons is a like a permanent ghetto comic convention. It is 45-60 min drive East of Los Angeles and is basically a warehouse with a bunch of different vendors. They have special events there too, Katie Segal and some of the other cast of Sons of Anarchy were there the last time I went but she wanted $100 for anything basically.

I have never been to Halo13 but I saw them at a 1/6th scale convention at Frank and Sons once and they had a decent selection - 90% Hot Toys and anything old was super marked up.

Golden Apple on Melrose has a few 1/6th figures - usually Marvel or DC, they have had Rocket Raccoon forever for about $160.
Legacy Comics in Glendale had Robocop last time I was in there and were selling the original SSC Darth Maul for $280!
There are a few more that have the occasional 1/6th but not sure if they still have any in stock... Dreamworld Comics in Marina Del Rey for example had a bunch of Hasbro 12" stuff and a few old SSC figures on consignment.

Thank you very much for posting a list. I hope to check some of them out later this year.
Are there any recommendable collectibles stores in San Francisco and Las Vegas? I was in San Francisco before but couldn't really find any, save for one mixed toy store on Market Street.

Thank you very much for posting a list. I hope to check some of them out later this year.
Are there any recommendable collectibles stores in San Francisco and Las Vegas? I was in San Francisco before but couldn't really find any, save for one mixed toy store on Market Street.

We will for sure be covering other major cities soon! Thanks for checking out the article!

Thanks from me too - heading to L.A. at the end of next month so great timing, I'll need to check some of these places out (though I think the wife will be less grateful... :^)).

Great review of shops ! - will definetly stop by at one or the other next time i'm in L.A.

What about Echobase Toys - are they still around ?

Back