Keeping statues boxed in non temperature controlled place !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webb

Super Freak
Reaction score
So do you think if the statue is sealed with tape in the styrofoam box plus art box/shipper will damage over time in a non temperature controlled area ? Meaning summers 100ºf and winters -15ºf.

Thanks

I would think so. Heat destroys pretty much everything.

yeah bad... also if it's not temperature controlled it's probably not humidity controlled either. sounds like a recipe for disaster :p

Yes, bad.
There is a SS PF Terminator 1 on ebay right now that proves it.

Thanks guys,Just upgraded my Public Storage to 20 x 15,not only for Sideshow stuff,I guess there's no other option.

I would like to see it.

2017-04-19 16.16.35.jpg
2017-04-19 16.16.10.jpg

Wasn't this unique to this particular release?
I remember when it came out there were a lot of complaints about the jacket material sticking to everything. People were cutting their own strips of fabric and placing it inside the jacket to stop it taking paint off the statue itself.

Absolutely, I had to protect mine. But this wouldn't have happened this severely if it wasn't trapped against styrfoam for so long. Styro breaks down and releases gases that are no good if not allowed to vent.
So yes, this is an extreme example and compounded by the fact that it rots even while out of box, but its an example of when its not good to keep your statues boxed up in heat where they can't breathe. Imo

Thanks,mine gets stuck to the neck.
I lined the collar with black masking tape used for photo framing, its PH neutral archival grade.
5 bucks at a store like Michael's or Blick

Glad I came across this thread. In the middle of moving and was planning on keeping some of the statues packed away for a while. Climate controlled storage unit it is.

When I (last) pack(ed) my statues, I went out and pick up a few simple packs of tissue paper. The kind for packing and gifts, not your nose. :p Rewrap everything that didnt have wrapping left or was too bad. Also went through buying a decent size sheet of foam to cut up (re)make any shapes of padding I wanted / needed.

After having one of my Metal Gear Rays come in with it's rubber feet nearly bonded to foam insert (I assume do to temperature, compression and time) if I store pieces I try to make sure they are not in direct contact with the foam...regardless of the temperature stored at.

My T1 stuck to his styrofoam in a few places, probably due to humidity. But unless you want to drop $60+ a month for storage, it almost seems inevitable. Just have to do what you can to mitigate the temperature and humidity extremes.

If it's short term due to circumstances then I get it but other than that, just sell them.
In today's market everything gets redone constantly - often by multiple companies simultaneously now - so unless it a very rare character/license, they'll be another representation coming down the pipe soon enough.
I'd rather that than paying monthly storage fees, personally.

If it's short term due to circumstances then I get it but other than that, just sell them.
In today's market everything gets redone constantly - often by multiple companies simultaneously now - so unless it a very rare character/license, they'll be another representation coming down the pipe soon enough.
I'd rather that than paying monthly storage fees, personally.

Good point. If I can't find room for it in the house then that might means it's time to let go of it.

Back