Qmx Picard sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
review_qmxpicard_large.jpg

I'm checking out a figure getting a lot of discussion right now on the sixth scale groups - Captain Picard from Qmx. Some of the photos had me worried...very worried. But I have a production figure in hand, and he's fantastic. I've got my review up tonight:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-041917a.htm

or you can find it with the rest at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Great review! The sculpt has definitely grown on me, even if the overly thick neck still bugs me a bit (something I didn't mind on Spock but which seems a lot more noticeable on their McCoy and Picard figures).

As for the tunic, I wonder if pulling and holding it down with double-sided tape might help with the length...

Man, MMS238 T-800 wishes he had a neck like that.

As far as the headsculpt, well, I won't stick around to put a downer on people's enthusiasm beyond this post but I think it looks Stewart-esque. It's obvious who it's meant to be but it doesn't quite manage it and I suspect, after a time, this feeling will become the lasting view of a great many people when that initial ''new toy excitement'' wears off.

Fantastic review and pictures Michael!
He looks much better than previous pictures!
I'm very close to ordering this now, but I'll need to wait until I have enough. The exclusive is a must for me.

Pre-ordered mostly due to your review. Was very close to passing on this one with the production photos on their site left much to be desired.

Thanks for the review, for me the problem is the NOSE. When I open your pictures in the review and move my hand to cover the nose... I see Picard/Stewart. But when I lower my hand... and bring the nose back into view, I lose the connection. So, the figure is decent but it is not Picard.

Sculptures seem to have such a hard time with real-life 'humans'... some are perfect and others are just off. That is why I have only purchased a few real-life characters... Michael Jordan = PERFECT, Jack Sparrow = PERFECT and that is why I have them.

But look at Han and Star Lord up above on the Sideshow Freaks header... they look off to me. This is all my opinion, I would love to buy more, but they need to look 'perfect' to me. ME = OCD RETENTIVE :)

Last edited:
Back