Does lack of a brown shipper box affect the resale value of a statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amphion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes, I know they don't take up that much more space and can be collapsed but I was considering of throwing some out anyway.

Do you guys feel that these are important for resale value? Do people actually care?

I figure might as well keep the shippers made for them as the artboxes fit right in them.

As mention, losing the shipper is not a problem.
Just please do not use the artbox AS the shipper...as I have had a few do to me...just use something else as a shipping box.

Depends on the buyer. No original shipper is a last resort for me.

I figure might as well keep the shippers made for them as the artboxes fit right in them.

As mention, losing the shipper is not a problem.
Just please do not use the artbox AS the shipper...as I have had a few do to me...just use something else as a shipping box.

That's crazy. I can't believe someone would do that.

Yeah, now if people dont mention shippers / shipping method, I ask before I buy...just to be clear.

Receiving the item in the original shipper is important to me. But I guess if I really wanted something, I could do without it...

Styrofoam with lining paper/plastic > art box > shipper

Shipping in the art box is really stupid, and dishonest of the seller if he doesn't specify it to the buyer.

Just please do not use the artbox AS the shipper...as I have had a few do to me...

k6U5gnW.jpg

I keep the shipper for two reasons: 1) to protect the art boxes when I have them stored and 2) if I ever sell then I already have a shipping box instead of dealing with trying to find one for the box to fit into.

I collect 1/6 and I actually prefer if it does come with the shipper, but it's not 100% vital. I do own some stuff that doesn't have any at all. I would assume the same would go for statues.

Original shipper means nothing to me. Original Styrofoam is what I care about the most.

If you only get rid of the brown shipper I don't see how you're saving that much space. Plus finding a box the same size later seems like a pain. If you do plan on reselling I would mention it during the sale just to make it very clear what they will receive. I've dealt with two buyers before that were absolutely adamant about having "mint" boxes. I received angry messages that brown shippers had gashes in them and an art box had a bent corner. I ended up giving partial refunds for cardboard on the dx11 joker ($40) and the tumbler ($30). I only mention this as a warning that the crazy collectors who worry!!!!! about packing materials are out there. Myself, the statue is most important- the box is good if you have to pack them up and move.

If you only get rid of the brown shipper I don't see how you're saving that much space. Plus finding a box the same size later seems like a pain. If you do plan on reselling I would mention it during the sale just to make it very clear what they will receive. I've dealt with two buyers before that were absolutely adamant about having "mint" boxes. I received angry messages that brown shippers had gashes in them and an art box had a bent corner. I ended up giving partial refunds for cardboard on the dx11 joker ($40) and the tumbler ($30). I only mention this as a warning that the crazy collectors who worry!!!!! about packing materials are out there. Myself, the statue is most important- the box is good if you have to pack them up and move.

I don't even respond to questions like that from people

The quality of SS shippers are too low,you probably will be able to get a better quality shippers,toilet papers comes with a better quality shippers than SS/CC.

...all pieces I have in SS shippers are in your average shape. Some worse than others, but nothing really falling apart or barely holding together. Hell I have more artboxes glue drying up and coming apart more than shippers breaking down.

I've had an eBay buyer win a claim against me because the shipper was not in mint condition. Everything else was as listed and mint. I've only sold a couple of times on there since then and I made sure to take pictures and note the condition of the shipper box (which is insane to me).

I've gone away from selling on eBay and starting selling here occasionally. If people ask about the shipper I'm least likely to want to deal with them because I know that it's all going to be downhill from there.

Back