XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown Hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
Will be on display at the Thailand Comic-con next weekend.

Edit: pics from TCC

FB_IMG_1492706116132_zpse8gijjby.jpg

FB_IMG_1492706364421_zpsckblhyrv.jpg

FB_IMG_1492706359891_zpskvnxjdux.jpg

FB_IMG_1492706368465_zpsiogwca28.jpg

Pics from the Thailand Statue Collector's fb group:

FB_IMG_1492724014009_zpsulu83ywp.jpg

FB_IMG_1492723990597_zpsnokkgal6.jpg

FB_IMG_1492723996224_zpsjkuckuzv.jpg

FB_IMG_1492724006353_zps6cmkn8ku.jpg

FB_IMG_1492724001859_zpsjrulsust.jpg

Last edited:
Re: XM Predator

Would this be another one of those, "cant buy unless you know / trust the right people?"

Would this be another one of those, "cant buy unless you know / trust the right people?"

Honestly, I would treat everything that XM releases that way. Their worldwide licensed items are such a pain to get and the prices are inflated. Some of the FB groups have been good with very reasonable prices. All of my XM I get at retail, but the shipping is killer. In the end it's all perspective. My XM venom will cost the same to me shipped vs the Prime 1 venom through SS after taxes and shipping.

I hope Predator is a worldwide license like their Top Cow and DC licenses. I didn't have any trouble getting my Darkness statue from Simply Toys or ordering Witchblade from XM directly.

Honestly, I would treat everything that XM releases that way. Their worldwide licensed items are such a pain to get and the prices are inflated. Some of the FB groups have been good with very reasonable prices. All of my XM I get at retail, but the shipping is killer. In the end it's all perspective. My XM venom will cost the same to me shipped vs the Prime 1 venom through SS after taxes and shipping.

Yea, but at least with the worldwide items, I can actually login and put in a purchase through them potentially.
Where as, with pieces like Ghost Rider, the ONLY way to get it was through alternate channels / secondary market.

I hope Predator is a worldwide license like their Top Cow and DC licenses. I didn't have any trouble getting my Darkness statue from Simply Toys or ordering Witchblade from XM directly.

Yeah, let's hope.
But first, I'd like to see what their Predator looks like. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Still looking for a P1 to add to the collection.

Yea, but at least with the worldwide items, I can actually login and put in a purchase through them potentially.
Where as, with pieces like Ghost Rider, the ONLY way to get it was through alternate channels / secondary market.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression you still cannot on their site. You can submit and order but it may be canceled out. I believe you have to use a North America distributor i.e. BBTS, secret compass, etc.

Yeah, let's hope.
But first, I'd like to see what their Predator looks like. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Still looking for a P1 to add to the collection.

You won't get a P1 from XM - they are doing non-movie stuff (which I'm REALLY pleased about given their choice of sculptor).

The way the Prime 1 / XM split has taken place is PERFECT for me.

Just hope XM don't screw up the paintwork on the production pieces.

You won't get a P1 from XM - they are doing non-movie stuff (which I'm REALLY pleased about given their choice of sculptor).

Thanks Ian, saved me mucho mular and i'm trying to quit this habit.
Movie Preds only for me.

Thanks for the heads up.
XM paint is usually very good and packaging is one of the best.

Thanks for the heads up.
XM paint is usually very good and packaging is one of the best.

It's more their choice of colours & finish that I'm concerned about.

Their Darkness sculpt was the only thing I've been super-impressed with so far, but (for me) they spoiled that with the colour choices. I'm also a HUGE Ghost Rider fan but let theirs go (even though I had an "in") as I didn't like how they did the flames.

If they go with the sculptors choices things should be fine. Fingers crossed!

Can one of the XM experts comment - do they always limit their releases to 1000 max?

Not an expert here but for Marvel yes, for other licenses they don't have the same limit as far as I'm aware. But since they don't really care an NA license and even if they did shipping would be super expensive their market tends to a bit limited.

Not an expert here but for Marvel yes, for other licenses they don't have the same limit as far as I'm aware. But since they don't really care an NA license and even if they did shipping would be super expensive their market tends to a bit limited.

This. Marvel was a decision they publicly announced to maintain collectibility for their customers despite the demand for their A listers.

Thanks both.

Well - for obvious reasons . . . I hope that:

1. These are NOT limited to Singapore/Thailand/China.
  2. They allocate an edition size GREATER than 1000.

Otherwise - this is going to be more than a little chaotic (and EXTRA expensive) :lol

What do you folks think the chances are on this initial Predator release?

Here is a typical allocation breakdown for an A lister directly from XM:
1) 10% for walk-in retail (Prestige members only)
2) 10% for online
3) 30% for Conventions and special events (bear in mind we run about 5 activities a year)
4) 50% for Distributors

Example for Venom with a ES of 999 that was limited to their region:

Since we are in Venom's thread this means;
1) 99 pcs for walk-ins prestige members. When we reach this number, we stop selling.
2) 99 pcs for online orders. (we received ard 300 orders in 2 mins which explains the big waitlist)
3) 299 pcs for 5 conventions (60 pcs per activity per territory)
4) 500 pcs for SEA, CN, HK, KR and EU. We have 15 distributors at the moment so that's an average 35 pcs per distributor. Of course some distributors get more, some gets less but this is a general breakdown as a reference.

Back