Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 392 of 426 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4260
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Default Re: QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Honestly I'd be happy just to see someone like Soosoo Toys producing these. Their quality is about on par with QMX and they seem able to knock out figures a whole lot faster.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by darthkush View Post
    Know what would be awesome? If hot toys got the trek license from QMX and got Nanjin to run it with more freedom and more money. I'm sure the prices would go up but we would probably get more figures more often and Nanjin would be there making sure they don't ruin it.

Either that or Nanjin getting funding for him to do the trek license on his own independently. I'm totally okay with higher prices if the quality is there.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
    I feel like HT would stop at Kirk and Spock and they'd take forever from preorder to release.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davejames View Post
    Honestly I'd be happy just to see someone like Soosoo Toys producing these. Their quality is about on par with QMX and they seem able to knock out figures a whole lot faster.
    SooSoo, Poptoys, Supermad and such now almost rival HT for a fraction of the price, they’re the way to go!
    Why Superman rocks! ...
    Hidden Content

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Well, it all depends on what QMX has in mind for the license.
    If they do give it up/lose it, I'm sure Nanjin will jump at the chance to work on it with another company, and with his track record and expertise, he's probably already on the radar of other companies.

I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    If HT had the license, Trek would be one, maybe two, over-priced figures ? and done. I really don?t get the obsession with always wanting HT to get every license, just to screw the customer over by over-charging for a small number of figures, or just sitting on the license and producing nothing.
    I think the obsession with Hot Toys getting licenses really just comes from the fact that they really do make the highest quality mass consumption 1/6 scale figures. Why wouldn't someone naturally want to have their chosen figures made by the best makers of figures? With that said they would probably only ever release one figure...not even two...it would take forever to come out...oh...and Hot Toys would never even think about touching a license like Star Trek...if a Junior Executive with the Company raised the proposition in their weekly strategy session and then left for the day he would probably find that his building access ID badge no longer worked when he showed up for work the next day.

I just got this in the Cotswold email (with regard to Sulu and Scotty):

Per Quantum Mechanix:

The delivery on these has been delayed. We are moving forward with production, but you need to be informed we are looking at an additional 4-5 months. This notice is for you to inform your customers of the delay. This was beyond our control but assured we are moving forward with production.

Quote Originally Posted by RED SHOES View Post
    I just got this in the Cotswold email (with regard to Sulu and Scotty):

Per Quantum Mechanix:

The delivery on these has been delayed. We are moving forward with production, but you need to be informed we are looking at an additional 4-5 months. This notice is for you to inform your customers of the delay. This was beyond our control but assured we are moving forward with production.
    Hmmm... I wonder how/if the new Kirk and Spock rerelease will be involved in with this. I also wonder if the next round of Scotty and Sulu will have the new body.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Jeez, you mean delayed beyond the already ridiculous November time frame they gave us originally?? Seriously, what the hell is up with QMX right now?

Quote Originally Posted by davejames View Post
    Jeez, you mean delayed beyond the already ridiculous November time frame they gave us originally?? Seriously, what the hell is up with QMX right now?
    Are you waiting on both releases or just Sulu now, Dave?

Super Freak

Feedback
    Well, that blows. The wait for Sulu is getting ridiculous.