QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthkush

Super Freak
Reaction score
If i'm out of line, mods feel free to delete but I think it would be cool to have a general discussion thread for all the figures instead of just putting all the general discussion randomly in the kirk/spock, McCoy, and Picard threads.

I get the feeling that we need to be vocal about what exactly we want and don't want going forward. I feel like there are probably several characters/crew members that if we say nothing we either won't get or we'll get but not get what we want.

To be different, I'll start with one idea I haven't seen anyone mention specifically: For the less popular crews, can we at least get the captain? I don't know how many of you want a Paris or Tuvok but I know much more of you would probably like a Janeway. I would like a Capt. Archer from Enterprise but have no interest in Mayweather or Reed. Basically what I'm saying is that obviously the main crew of the original and probably next generation should probably get figures but maybe for the others, we can try to gouge who else we really want.

I'll have more intricate thoughts later should this thread be allowed to continue. We can all chime in about what versions of which characters we want from all the shows/movies.

I just hope we get the whole TNG crew, INCLUDING Dr. Crusher who sometimes gets left out to my annoyance. Beyond that, I'd LOVE a Janeway. I do think at least doing the Captains of the other crews makes a lot of sense.

tumblr_ngyqwx7z5r1tr2a1xo6_r1_250.gif

+1

I want the basic crew of TOS plus Janice Rand. As for TNG, I think I'll get what they choose to deliver as I don't see them making all the characters. I know Data and Worf are planned, but I'd choose Riker and Try over Worf.

And yes, the captains should be a given.

I think once they got the TOS trinity out of the way, they should of done the Captains. Then circle back and do other characters from the different series. I love Scotty, Data, Worf, etc, but I REALLY want each Captain to go with each ship in my display at home.

TOS seven are definite buys for me and several iconic aliens such as Romulan, Gorn etc then the seven in their red movie uniforms (Scotty hopefully in his engineering uniform) I'd prefer them from TUC rather than TWOK, but TWOK is also fine with me.
TNG only if the main seven were made incl Dr Crusher.
DS9 would be my preference after TOS, but it's unlikely that the core crew would be made. 9" Quark didn't even get a release by Playmates & they were pumping out characters.
No interest in Voyager, Enterprise or reboot crew (although I do enjoy the films)

I think Uhura and Seven look like they are the first two female figures. My dilemma is that I'm a completist so I get frustrated when characters are left out but I also don't have the space to go the whole hog for every genre so I'm in for all the TOS figures. I'm also hoping that Chapel and Rand get made but realistically, I don't think that's likely any more than Kyle or Leslie. I just don't think the numbers will be there for them to do them commercially. They might do better selling uniform and equipment packs for folks to use as customising fodder when they get to the end of the run. I have already commissioned a custom Rand head with TMP hair. That way, if she does get made, I won't have two the same :p.

Worse for me is that TMP is my favourite Era. I love the look of the ship and the diverse multi racial crew. Thus, on top of Rand, I will probably end up commissioning Chapel, Decker, Ilia, a few of the aliens, plus TMP uniforms for all.

I noted that Nanjin teased a TMP sculpt for Kirk as a personal project, so maybe he has found someone out there who will be willing and able to make those uniforms for me! He also stated previously that he is a fan of Majel Barrett so it's possible some kind of sculpt might get made, most likely Lwaxana, but I can see how some minor tweaks could turn her into Chapel, especially if her hair is not too crazy.

My other thinking with this thread is that I know, at the minimum, Nanjin will be watching but I also think other people from QMX will be looking at various forums like this one to try to see what we want. Nanjin mentioned Q on his facebook and that we the fans need to let Qmx know we would want him. That should be for any character. So...how do you think the releases should be? The idea of captains and then circling back is a good one but I kind of like jumping around more than that.

I think it's very interesting how many people are pro Dr. Crusher. I think of that show's main seven, she seems to get the least figures for some reason and I want to echo the others in saying I would like to get her. In fact, I even have an idea for the exclusive. The regular is just her in her uniform and the exclusive would be her with the doctor lab coat :) Got to go to work but when I get home I'm gonna list what release order I'd want for all the characters I want. I'd suggest many of us do the same. Let them know who we want NOW and not later. I think they're more willing to listen then Hot Toys for example.

I don't have much interest beyond TNG and maybe the TOS films personally. TNG is my favorite Trek by far. I like TOS but can only take so much of it at a time and have more fond memories of that crew from watching the films.

I agree about doing the Captains first though (even though I personally can't stand Janeway). After that circle back to other crew members.

Actually thinking about it I'd maybe get a Captain Archer. I've always felt like Enterprise is somewhat underrated and would take it over Deep Space Nine (which I know some love but isn't for me) and Voyager (which I've never liked).

I support the thread. We need to make our voices heard. It seems like Star Trek fans are just a relic of the 90s that never managed to survive. So we need to fight for our merch.

I'm in for exactly this list and probably only this list... I have hundreds of figures there's a limit to what I'd buy

TNG

Complete crew (not including Wesley but definitely including Beverly) - basic series uniforms
Locutus
Q (not in star fleet uniform... its lazy)

TOS

Complete TOS crew
TOS khan
WOk - Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Khan only
First contact - Picard only

DS9

Complete crew, with J Dax (not E Dax) worf too, all in the late series uniforms (including Kira)
Quark

I really hope they complete the TNG and TOS crews. Even though I'm only going to get TNG. TNG actually has a lot of fans. It's weird to me how TOS seems to get all the merch love. I think, sometimes, it's maybe due to the age of the people running these toy companies? I think for a lot of people in their early 30s to early 40s at least, TNG is THE Trek series they are most connected with.

I'd prefer the figures were released, after Worf and Data:
4. Riker
5. Troi (in duty uniform)
6. Dr. Crusher
7. Geordi

I'd actually be tempted by a Ro and Wesley myself. But unless the figures are huge hits I don't ever see that happening. I'd love to be wrong though.

I am surprised...no desire for villains? or some aliens beside Q?

通过我的 SM-G9350 上的 Tapatalk发言

I think that reducing sales when they move beyond the key players is an issue> DST certainly would have released more characters if the retailers had been supportive but instead they cancelled a lot of figures.

I think the more obscure characters need a gimmick to increase popularity. I can't think of much apart from maybe a set of bases that fit together to make a transporter pad, chairs or bridge stations, or alternate head sculpts for more popular characters e.g. Rand with scratched evil Kirk head sculpt, Chapel with emotional Spock head sculpt and a bowl of Plomek soup etc.

Truthfully I'd rather just have the main casts to start out. Maybe start filling out villains later. I'm not sure how many I'd really be interested in though. Q is probably the big one since I mostly want TNG stuff. Maybe the Borg Queen or some generic Borgs. Khan I suppose is a no brainer. You could do both the young and old versions. I don't think of villains as much with Trek I guess even though there are memorable ones.

My list of who I would want and in what release order:

TNG:
Data
Worf(any hairdo is fine.)
Counselor Deana Troi in THIS uniform..
counselortroi.jpg
For anyone wanting Troi, I highly suggest you let QMX know which uniform you want her in. She didn't have one specific look like so many of the others. I'd love to get one of her other iconic outfits down the line if the series goes pretty long though.

Riker(MUST have the beard. Unless we get an extra head which I don't see happening).
Laforge
Dr. Crusher(the lab coat can be an exclusive)

Riker, Laforge, and Crusher I would take in any order.
Lt. Tasha Yar(I'd buy her, particularly the one from "yesterday's enterprise")

I love tng so much I'd even be down for Barclay, Ensign Ro, Guinan or even Ensign Wesley Crusher(Know he's not popular but I'd get him if the line went long). I'd buy Nurse Ogawa even if she's not too costly.

As far as villains for tng, my only must have is Locutus. Love him. I like Q but visually, he's not that interesting. You could do the farpoint figure but he almost seems so intricate I doubt he can be done for a decent price. I'm okay with him in a Starfleet uniform. For Borg drones, I think you'd have to do Hugh the borg as he's the only one with a memorable face, sans the borg queen. I'd love Lore as a data variant. Maybe the one from the season 6 finale(the name of it escapes me). I would also love some tng Klingons just not sure who. For film varients, I don't know how much we need them. First Contact Picard might be nice.

Original series:
Sulu
Uhura
Scotty
Chekov

Original series is more fun to do weird one offs and varients. I really REALLY want an Mirror Mirror Spock and Uhura for example. I want the battle staff from Amok Time. Villains I'd want Khan, Tpring(Yep. I mentioned her before. Still want her), maybe a Kang. Movies I really want WOK Khan, Spock and Kirk.

Deep Space Nine:

Sisko(if we only get one DS9 it should be Sisko. Like I said, I think we need all the captains at least).

Jadzia Dax
Chief O' Brian
Dr. Bashir
Major Kira

I want all the Ds9 crew about the same. I don't have a huge favorite but only because I only saw bits and pieces of the show. If O'Brian is done I'd love to get him in both his tng and ds9 uniforms somehow.

Quark(would be a great figure as we get another alien and get a main character. I'd like a quark but not gonna die if I never get him)
Odo(great character but possibly a boring figure so a tossup for me here).

Voyager:
Seven of Nine(the only must buy from a Voyager line for me) in...THIS outfit
7of9.jpg

I'd also love a borg 7 of 9 variant. I'd rather have that then the borg queen honestly.
Capt. Janeway
Tuvok(just cause I like having Vulcans).

The rest of the crew is kinda boring to me.

Enterprise:
Capt. Archer(easily a great figure)
T'Pol(another great one I'd love. Probably my 2nd favorite Vulcan after Spock himself).

The new movies I only really want Kirk, Spock, and maybe Uhura(just cause Zoe Saldana is hot really lol)

As far as release order goes with the whole franchise, I'd love it if they stagnate them out between series. Maybe something like...

Scotty
Data
7 of 9
Sulu
Worf
Khan
Sisko

and so on like that. Just mix it up a bit so we can have some variety. If it comes down to it and the line isn't doing so hot, I'd say abandon variety and just complete the original series and the next gen crew. But my preference is for all the shows/movies to get a little love.

I'd be fine if they sprinkled in a release from other series here and there, as long as they didn't go too long with out a "core cast" release. Troi is tough, because although I did like some of her other outfits, I still think her duty uniform in the later seasons is still the strongest look for her. Although I am fond of the blue dress, too.

Well, I certainly want a classic Klingon, but I think that for most of us, we want our crew, then, the Aliens/villains are a bonus. We're afraid that, like so many times before, the line(s) stop short of a character or two.

Besides, I know I'm in the minority but, even though I'd get him, I've always thought Khan, or the movies, were overrated. Couldn't stand the red, military uniforms. Military is so unlike the Trek spirit. I'd rather much have the unis from TMP. The movie was meh, but the costumes looked like a prelude to those of TNG, colors aside.

Back