Best Optimus Prime action figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Morton

Super Freak
Reaction score
What is, in your opinion, the best Optimus prime action figure out there? Saw one from Toy Alliance and it looked very good. Cheers

MP 10 (Takara Masterpiece series) Best overall Prime.

If you have the means: Ultimetal Optimus Prime (Does not transform)

Budget is tight, but like big bots: Toys Alliance Optimus Prime. A bis stylized, but amazing.

1984 Hasbro Prime, if nostalgic.

Nothing else exists (as in, everything else is garbage).

MP 10 (Takara Masterpiece series) Best overall Prime.

If you have the means: Ultimetal Optimus Prime (Does not transform)

Budget is tight, but like big bots: Toys Alliance Optimus Prime. A bis stylized, but amazing.

1984 Hasbro Prime, if nostalgic.

This is a good list :lecture:

BUT if you do happen to like the movie-verse, you need either the giant (and now over priced) 3A DOTM Optimus Prime OR the 4Ever Studios Leader class sized Optimus. Neither of these transform though.

Yea you're going to get every answer possible here lol people's best/favorite is going to vary. It really depends on what you value out of your transformers. I like updated stylized version of the characters where they look new enough to be realistic/modern while yet still recognizable as the character.

this is my personal favorite prime. It's GCreations IDW release of Prime

IMG_9661_zpsixvf6h02.jpg

IMG_9655_zpsvoo0p2q4.jpg

My personal favorite is the bootleg MPP10 simply because it fits with 1/6 figures and it's a "upscaled" MP10 with some minor enhancements such as paint details. The build quality is superb and not a inch of the figure feels cheap.

Wei-Jiang-TF-G1-Masterpiece-MPP10-Alloy-Diecast-Optimus-Prime-New-In-stock-.jpg

33636194750_f3e6e4aeb0_b.jpg

I'm not one for non-transforming transformers, so can't vouch for or against any of them.

My favorite is Takara Tomy's MP-10 Masterpiece Prime. Great action figure, good transformation, and a ton of accessories for lots of display options. He's just a really, really fun figure. And the deep blue parts Takara-Tomy used beats the pants off the gaudy bright blue bits Hasbro went with for their version.

DSC_0036.jpgDSC_0035.jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0011.jpgDSC_0047.jpgDSC_0051.jpgDSC_0069.jpgDSC_0077.jpgDSC_0087.jpgDSC_0093.jpgDSC_0120.jpgDSC_0128.jpgDSC_0142.jpgDSC_0149.jpgDSC_0108.jpgDSC_0163.jpgPrime-Transformation-Collage.jpgDSC_0184.jpgDSC_0209.jpgDSC_0228.jpgRoller-Collage.jpg

Last edited:
What is, in your opinion, the best Optimus prime action figure out there? Saw one from Toy Alliance and it looked very good. Cheers

I don't have it but that giant Optimus does look good in everything I've seen him in.

If you're looking for a G1 cartoon style version that displays well with other 6 inch figures like MOTUC but is non transforming my personal favourite is the Fewture Ex Gokin.
1005546_712167418829669_1354783334683953529_n_1401391467.jpg
Art-Storm-EX-Gokin-Transformers-Convoy-Optimus-Prime-2.jpg
Ex-Gokin-Optimus-Prime-22.jpg

My personal favorite is the bootleg MPP10 simply because it fits with 1/6 figures and it's a "upscaled" MP10 with some minor enhancements such as paint details. The build quality is superb and not a inch of the figure feels cheap.

Wei-Jiang-TF-G1-Masterpiece-MPP10-Alloy-Diecast-Optimus-Prime-New-In-stock-.jpg

33636194750_f3e6e4aeb0_b.jpg

Hell yes, +1. If you don't mind the added size, MPP10 is both better and cheaper than the MP10. In my opinion this is the only choice if you want the best transforming Prime, especially if you'll be displaying it with 1/6-scale figures.

I just got the Toy Alliance Optimus Prime a few days ago and it's freaking amazing. It's super huge and really fun to play with. It's by far my favorite Prime figure, transforming or not. Also at 179.99 it's a bargain for what you get.

Those Are great pictures everyone!:clap

My vote is broken into 2 categories.

The MPP 10 oversized Prime for transforming.
It takes the already great MP10 mold and upscales it and improves the design.

I cheated and did some custom paint work and some custom smokestacks and some custom designed articulated hands on mine but the stock figure is very impressive!

5E1272C3-97E7-4E76-979E-35BC15F095FA.jpg

The 3A DOTM Prime for non-transforming.
The thing is an amazing figure.

DSC_0184.jpg

Last edited:
Those Are great pictures everyone!:clap

My vote is broken into 2 categories.

The MPP 10 oversized Prime for transforming.
It takes the already great MP10 mold and upscales it and improves the design.

I cheated and did some custom paint work and some custom smokestacks and some custom designed articulated hands on mine but the stock figure is very impressive!

5E1272C3-97E7-4E76-979E-35BC15F095FA.jpg

Hot damn! Spectacular work! Did you bought the replacement kit which includes the head, hands, blaster and Matrix? I was thinking of upgrading and getting the trailer too.

Thx buddy!

No... I originally started working on the hands about a year, give or take, before the upgrade kit came out. I did a small run of about 20 sets for a bunch of the guys on TFW and started a second run when I was contacted from one of my friends that works with the company that was putting out the upgrade kit. At that point it wasn't worth the effort any longer to produce the hands as the mass produced kits are always much much cheaper!

A0AF538A-7907-4963-80DA-C49C22258890_1.jpg

I still have a run of about 15 that are unfinished. Hopefully one day I'll get around to finishing them off and making them available for the black nemesis version. But for the money you can't beat the kit they sell! Definitely worth picking up! Just the difference in the look with the articulated hands makes a night and day difference.

Does anybody have pics of how does the ThreeA DOTM Optimus hold up against 4ever Studios Leader class sized Optimus? I'm curious about the size comparison as well as the details in sculpt / paint.

Thanks!

Does anybody have pics of how does the ThreeA DOTM Optimus hold up against 4ever Studios Leader class sized Optimus? I'm curious about the size comparison as well as the details in sculpt / paint.

Thanks!

honestly, there's no real comparison between the 2... as they are completely different animals...

the 4ever studios is more of a detailed action figure, the 3A is more of a posable statue.
4ever stands at around 9+ inches tall
3A is around 20" tall
both are detailed nicely but the 4ever has a the finish of a well painted action figure where the 3A resembles a realistic model with metal finish.

maxresdefault.jpg

Vs.png

Back