Can you guys recommend some nice gloves to handle my statues with?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amphion

Super Freak
Reaction score
I see some people doing this but not sure what type of gloves they're using. Any help would be appreciated.

Your fingers have oil and sweat on them. It's natural. Even if you wash your hands your hands will start producing sweat again in like 30 mins. Not to mention you could have good ol' fashioned dirt on them. And maybe you just ate french fries. With ketchup. Could have residual smell and/or food on your hands. All potentially transferable.

I started using gloves because i had a figure in a white shirt. i kept futzing with the shirt and in about 20 mins you could see the figure's shirt was dirty where i was futzing.

It's a personal choice and maybe overkill for some. But i use latex or rubber gloves with no talcum. Pretty inexpensive.

I got a statue from PCS that included a pair of white gloves in cellophane. Not sure if this was/is standard practice for them. I no longer have the statue but kept the gloves.

PCS sends gloves for children's hands. Im like OJ putting those things on.

I see some people doing this but not sure what type of gloves they're using. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't worry so much about my polys but have a Japanese porcelain figure that MUST be handled with gloves - e.g. thin cotton gloves, the kind photographers and archivists use - buy online, they are cheap and can be re-used. Or you can use disposable latex/vinyl gloves - like another poster said, the point is to keep the grease/oils off your statues. Not a bad idea to use gloves, but it gets annoying.

I'd worry more about direct sunlight and dust and hot temperatures, myself.

You can also go to a Swarovski store. I always use the gloves they are selling. :)

I worry about losing grip if I use gloves. To me dropping my statue is worse than getting some sweat on it.

I just wash my hands before I handle any of my statues ...and I keep a paper towel nearby to wipe my hands often.

That is true. I was handling/moving/cleaning a Skeletor bust and nearly dropped the skull just by it being heavy and slipping/sliding in my grip. Then I damn near had to just cradle it around.

I used to use surgical gloves or some white cotton ones I got with a high end Franklin Mint car a decade ago, but now I just wash well and try to minimize contact.

Last edited:
There is a reviewer on Youtube that wears heavy duty mechanics gloves. Like thick nylon and leather with mouldes rubber knuckle protection. I crack up everytime I see it.

I wear lambskin gloves when handling statues. I like the soft supple feel and smell of new leather and it makes the whole statue experience more erotic.

I wear lambskin gloves when handling statues. I like the soft supple feel and smell of new leather and it makes the whole statue experience more erotic.

I may try this.
My statue experience has been lacking eroticism lately!

I was using latex gloves but I always felt a little dirty and ashamed afterwards.

I may try this.
My statue experience has been lacking eroticism lately!

I was using latex gloves but I always felt a little dirty and ashamed afterwards.

Latex gloves are only necessary if you're statues are used and have had many previous owners handling them.
Otherwise go in bare or with that new leather smell.

Back