Anyone Migrated before?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
So this question popped up. what happens when you decide to move to another country, and has lots of personal belongings you'd like to bring with you, for example 10 boxes of action figures, or luxury watches, expensive paintings, jewelries etc.

I know folks in the EU get to move around without much hassle, but what if it's from 1 country to another that has no agreements etc?

Most likely you would be paying some tax, but would they based on purchase price or market price (for discontinued stuffs)? And how would they figure out if you are really a hardcore collector with 1000 pcs of jewelries and not a trader trying to take an opportunity to bring them in tax free & sell them for a profit without paying import taxes?

Just wondering.

Most likely i would just ditch anything that is not personal effects (signed poster, photo albums, family artifacts, one of the kind arts etc), anything else that can be re-bought will be re-bought if i really wanted them back. Those that cannot be sold before leaving will go to the dumpster or piled up & set on fire (Cars & Houses not included).

Back