Ghost in the Shell: Mixed-Media 1/4 Scale Statue - Geisha by Weta Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/GqCFsG1a1WY

148658990344a8d00eb64fa8d6d156be13d366cce8.jpg

Didn't see a thread for this. Ordered from Weta but it hasn't shipped yet. Anyone have it yet? Thoughts?

I got the Geisha statue today. I took some no-frills pics to start with because A) I haven't seen much of those around for her and B.) Weta doesn't say what kind of batteries to use in her anywhere either on the web or on or in the box! So waiting for them to get back to me. They're watch batteries, so it's no obvious what to use.

I think it's REALLY awesome overall. Love the attention to detail, and the fabric kimono is incredibly well done and drapes just right. The face looks just like the prop, in that it has a porcelain-like sheen to it. I love that you can display both heads and that they are easy to swap out, because deciding which to use would have been hard.

real nice JonWes.The detail is very nice on this piece and love how they did the open face.The stand for displaying sculpts is a plus.Her Kimono looks really well done and the arms and hands positioning is way cool looking.

Yeah, the pose is killer. I don't actually buy a lot of statues. Before this, I really only bought a Skyrim statue, and the two Sideshow Masters of the Universe statues. But I love the work WETA does, and this (and the Major statue... preordered from Entertainment Earth) really called to me after I got so into the movie.

My only real complaint was the lack of batteries or the lack of instructions ABOUT what batteries to use. I'm eager to see the light-up function in action.

One thing i like about this statue, in particular, is that it reminds me a bit of the porcelain dolls you sometimes see of women in kimonos... except with a futuristic twist! I love the feet. I wish I could figure out a way to drape the kimono to show them off. But it looks better and more natural to let it hang naturally.

I got the batteries in the statue (apparently the info is in the inside flap of the box if you need it - 2 x A76 / LR44 1.5v) so I thought I'd take some more pics with the light on.

JonWes, I really like the look of the light up feature.And especially how wicked the glow looks on the outside of the collar piece.Very cool.

nice vid kitana,congrats on the Geisha.

Got the Geisha. This is one of the rare thing where the actual product is the exact same as the shown prototype.
Amazing statue, very classy indeed!

Back