Star Ace Teen Harry Potter review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
review_sahpteen_4.jpg

There hasn't been a ton of interesting sixth scale product lately, but it seems like we're turning a corner as we head into the summer. I have two 1/6th reviews this week, starting with a look tonight at the new teenage Harry Potter from Prisoner of Azkaban. Lots of collectors have been waiting for this one, and I have my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-041017a.htm

or you can find it with the rest at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Awesome! I've been looking forward to this review ever since you mentioned you were going to review it.

I'm disappointed hearing about that neck, but I'm thrilled to see the head sculpt looks as good as it did in the prototype photos. I'm probably going to be leaving mine in the Hogwarts uniform since that appears to hide that neck the best.

Did they drop the magic beam that was pictured in the photos?

STR-0029-6.jpg

I was waiting on Michael's review and it didn't disappoint. Looks good. Sounds like the outfit isn't too hard to mess with. Shame about the weird neck but that's okay and workable. I wonder if Hermione's delay has anything to do with hot toys possibly doing an Emma Watson sculpt and them wanted to revamp theirs'?

I actually saw an image of an alleged Hot Toys Belle somewhere... Let me see if I can find it.

8baoieR.jpg

1/6 coming

As for the neck, maybe padding the shoulders a bit will reduced the giraffe neck, if futzing isn't enough, though futzing did look like it was enough in some of the photos.

Michael, great review as always! Where do you get those nice backgrounds?

Backdrops - wherever I can find them! Always on the lookout for different stuff. I believe that one came from an Asian dealer who makes them for doll collector's displays.

Yes I think he looks really good.
But I will wait and see what Hermione looks like and if we will get a Ron figure.
I dont want lots of lonely Harry's.
Need the trio.

I actually saw an image of an alleged Hot Toys Belle somewhere... Let me see if I can find it.

As for the neck, maybe padding the shoulders a bit will reduced the giraffe neck, if futzing isn't enough, though futzing did look like it was enough in some of the photos.

Yeah, I saw that on the Disney forum. It makes me think Star Ace is rethinking that headsculpt. Maybe they've already seen the Hot Toys one and want to improve it.

Hopefully they were rethinking the Hermione head sculpt long before that, because it was criticized way back when they revealed it.

I hope everyone realizes that the idea of not buying this Harry until you are sure you'll get Ron is a self fulfilling prophecy. Don't buy Harry, they won't make Ron. Why would they?

Thanks for the review. :clap

I really don't like the look of that figure and have cancelled my PO. They seem to be getting worse :slap

Back