GhostFace Masks Haul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I personally can’t stand most slasher films, but the one exception to this has always been the Scream franchise. I think all four films in the series have a certain degree of dark humor and wit that we just don’t see with most films in the genre, plus a killer with a cool costume. I have a PES replica GhostFace robe, “Collector’s Edition” mask, a few 2000’s era regular run mass produced masks, and a couple action figures of the character.

Back in February, a mammoth fan of the Scream films and GhostFace masks ended up having to sell the majority of their collection and posted an ad for it on their Facebook page. Having recently “liked” the page, I was lucky enough to come across the ad and messaged them immediately. The original price that they were asking for the lot was rather absurd (within the $1,000 + range). We ultimately ended up settling on a smaller, albeit still fair, price - and that's how I ended up with all of this.

First up is a tagged 2011 “Collector’s Edition” mask with the infamous “spots”. This was apparently a defect in the latex at the Fun World factories. Look closely and you can see spots of various colors and sizes on the latex/vinyl. Even though it’s a flaw, I like to think of this as the “confetti” GhostFace mask.

vGikEjB.png

Next, I got a tagged 1999 ASIS (As Seen In Scream) mask. This is one of the two types used in Scream 3. This is the first type of GhostFace mask to bare the “As seen in the Motion Picture SCREAM” text on it, hence the nickname. This one looks like it could use same reshaping with the hairdryer.

pjDaskp.png

Next, I got one of the TD stamp mold masks. This mask is also known as both the “Walgreens mask” and “reshoot mask”. It is my understanding that this is the exact type of mask that was used for reshoot scenes of Scream 4, hence the nickname “reshoot mask”. I’m also told that masks using this mold generally tended to pop-up at Walgreens stores. I kind of like the longer mouth that this mold has, although I ultimately prefer the original mold over this. Also, the latex on this mask is a lot flimsier than the others, for some reason.

MthJNu8.png

Next is a regular run early 2000’s era glow mask. The tag of this mask was apparently reattached via use of string, although you wouldn’t be able to tell otherwise by the pics alone. This one definitely looks like it was stored with some other masks on top of it, so I’ll try reshaping this mask with the hairdryer later.

HGqMVif.png

Next up is a 2010 foam GhostFace mask. Since this one is made of foam and not a latex/vinyl mix, you don’t have to worry about it getting warped out of shape. I believe this comes from the same mold that is used for the run-of-the-mill masks that we see in Halloween stores today, although something about its overall look appeals to me more. Also, the mouth looks longer than it really is due to the angle that I took the pic.

IvsJVXV.png

Speaking of foam, next is a real fun mask: the 2012 GhostFace Mummy mask! I love what they did with the bandage texture of this mask. It’s basically a foam mask with some fabric skin. The mold appears to be different from the others, but overall I like it!

nfqoail.png

As our last foam mask, here is the 2011 GhostFace Lorgnette mask. This is basically supposed to be a mask that the women would wear along with the GhostFace dresses that Fun World released around the same time. Sorry for the blurry pic… The camera wouldn’t focus.

Gsr1VxI.png

I also got this 2011 GhostFace Zombie mask. This is basically supposed to be a rotted, decayed version of the original mask. I like the overall creativity behind this one, but I’m not really a huge fan of the latex they’ve used for it, as it’s a little flimsy compared to the others.

VMQ0xFY.png

Next, I got two deluxe mask and bleeding knife sets. The first comes from the same mold as the mass produced masks on the market today, while the second one comes from the rarer TD stamp mold.

Normal mold:

ErRwqfU.png

TD stamp mold:

AKPPQkA.png

Next are two standard mask and knife sets. First is the normal mass produced mold, second is the TD stamp mold.

Normal mold:

sr2PGQe.png

TD stamp mold:

t3XzVSd.png

I also got a set of 2014 metallic GhostFace masks.

Purple:

BUVBC7T.png

Blue:

6P0N5m1.png

Green (looks black in the pic but trust me, it's green):

aBH9M3D.png

I also got a few things in the haul that aren't masks...

2011 GhostFace bottle opener and GhostFace pendant.

uMY0JUF.png

2011 GhostFace Racer. This a neat little wind-up toy that fits in the palm of your hand.

NEYyDvJ.png

Funko POP! 2014 GhostFace vinyl figure and 2015 GhostFace key chain.

21hSEPG.png

Now here's something really neat... an official GhostFace suit tie from 2011!

Grx712a.png

And lastly, here are two GhostFace hanging decorations, which I really like.

wGVuQLw.png

Nice haul! I have been collecting Scream masks and stuff for a while now, but I really amped up the collection lately. I'll share once I get it all sorted out. :)

Back