For Those Who Collect A Lot Of Premium Format Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SupremeRapier

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
What do you do with the boxes?

I'm currently at about 30ish or so PFs not even including the polystone stuff and I am really running low on storage space. I collect many things so I generally do not keep boxes unless it has really nice artwork and the PF boxes are generally really nice. I doubt I'd ever actually resell my statues but I have never seen a 2nd hand PF sell without the original box so that's one thing I try to keep in mind plus its nice to have them if I ever decide to move so I can transfer them safely

But I'm curious what other collectors do with your boxes? do you store them? display them? toss the foam and keep the box? save just the artwork? sell them? trash them?

Its pretty bad when your stored boxes take up significantly more room than your actual collection :gah:

I had a 150+ PF, 35+ LSB and about 100+ mini bist collection once... that was a real problem now you mention it...
At a certain moment I needed to store it on 2 adresses.
When there were hollow parts inside the artbox between the styrofoam (in LSB boxes mostly), I putted the mini bust boxes inside.

It's an issue for sure. :thud:

I put mine in the attic / Loft and some of the more flatter boxes (i.e Movie Black Widow from IM2) in my ottoman bed storage. I know some people throw them away which I can understand, but something I could never do. I have to say I am now starting to tear up and recycle my brown shippers and just leave the artboxes in the plastic bag overlay (thingy :dunno).

It's an issue for sure. :thud:

I put mine in the attic / Loft and some of the more flatter boxes (i.e Movie Black Widow from IM2) in my ottoman bed storage. I know some people throw them away which I can understand, but something I could never do. I have to say I am now starting to tear up and recycle my brown shippers and just leave the artboxes in the plastic bag overlay (thingy :dunno).

I never kept the brown shipper boxes. Originally I used the artboxes as display stands to hold the less fragile stuff in my collection until it started to look tacky. Now I envy the people who are able to resist having multiple collections. I started with DC universe, then Marvel Select, MOTUC , Marvel Legends, Legos, Kotobukiyas, PFs, Other Anime Statues, Transformers Masterpiece and 3rd Party, a bunch of import stuff, Hot Toys.. I've gotten to the point where I'm considering moving just so I have more room to display everything :lol

I stored mine in my garage, ran out of room there and took over my parents garage and a room in their house, lol.

I actually converted my garage into a mancave so I lost the ability to store boxes in there lol

I keep mine in a storage area under the lower level stairs. I bought this house with the collection and home theater in mind. :)

I never kept the brown shipper boxes. Originally I used the artboxes as display stands to hold the less fragile stuff in my collection until it started to look tacky. Now I envy the people who are able to resist having multiple collections. I started with DC universe, then Marvel Select, MOTUC , Marvel Legends, Legos, Kotobukiyas, PFs, Other Anime Statues, Transformers Masterpiece and 3rd Party, a bunch of import stuff, Hot Toys.. I've gotten to the point where I'm considering moving just so I have more room to display everything :lol

Yeah I kinda didn't think about all that much I esentially go into auto pilot after the initial unboxing, so once everything is ok and set up I was just putting the box back into the shipper and the shipper into the < applicable storage space > . :cuckoo:

Now, I throw the blasted things in the recycling, but I definitely need to get some dedicated storage set up like soem of you guys. :lol

I fold down the cardboard boxes so I can keep them in my basement. I put the styrofoam in the attic. Works nicely. :)

You may regret throwing away the shippers later if you decide to sell. Since they're only "plain" cardboard boxes, just break them down and store them flat.

I like to keep my art boxes in the shipper. It doesn't take up too much more space, and it protects the art box.

I save the shippers and the full box. Got a temperature safe storage locker to take care of them. Love my boxes. I can't see myself selling most of my pieces but if I do I will be ready.

I save the shippers and the full box. Got a temperature safe storage locker to take care of them. Love my boxes. I can't see myself selling most of my pieces but if I do I will be ready.

I'm this close to doing the same. Thankfully, I have enough storage at the moment to keep them well taken care of, but it's running thin.

I'm slowing headed toward this problem. Most of my collection is 1/6 figures, the boxes "still" fit in the closet. The last two pieces I received are PFFs and those boxes are like suitcases. Looking at my history, when I'm done with something, I usually just throw it away or give it to someone. Based on that, I will never need the boxes again, however these PFFs are pricey and even getting 1/2 of the original price is a good chunk of change. Decisions...

Speaking of done with things, anyone want eleven twenty year old, sixteen pound bowling balls? I do not have the boxes anymore. :lol

Storage. You're going to need to get storage, whether that be a basement, attic, or rental storage. There are pieces that I thought I'd never sell at one point, which I ended up selling off years later. Gotta keep those boxes!

I had a 150+ PF, 35+ LSB and about 100+ mini bist collection once... that was a real problem now you mention it...
At a certain moment I needed to store it on 2 adresses.
When there were hollow parts inside the artbox between the styrofoam (in LSB boxes mostly), I putted the mini bust boxes inside.

You 'putted'....?

Back