What's Your Favorite Jedi Luke Sculpt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's Your Favorite Jedi Luke Sculpt?

• Medicom RAH Jedi Luke

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Sideshow 1/6 Jedi Luke

Votes: 50 79.4%
  • Gentle Giant Jedi Luke Mini Bust

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it seems to be an issue of varying opinions, so I thought I'd start a poll to put it into numbers and see how the situation looks.

luke_heads.jpg

As far as TROTJ Sideshow sculpt Rocks. Gentle Giant is great but it is a sculpt of Luke from ANH before the car accident. Medicom ... Alex from "A Clockwork Orange".

Attakus, they nailed it!

Attakus_Luke_Jedi_2.jpg

And before anyone questions my sanity, it's awful! :sick

Neither, but the SS Jedi comes real close. He just looks like he's seen a ghost.

Oh man, that Attakus sculpt is laughable. :lol

Definitely Sideshow for me, it's the only one that looks like Hamill.

I don't have a favourite, actually. They're all flawed IMHO.
And why does ROTJ Luke always have reddish hair? MH is blonde-ish, isn't he?

I'd say SS luke has the best Mark Hamill resemblance. Gentle Giant's Tattoine Luke also have great sculpt.

MaulFan said:
Well, it seems to be an issue of varying opinions, so I thought I'd start a poll to put it into numbers and see how the situation looks.

luke_heads.jpg

Now looking at all 3 it looks like Medicom and SS had a baby and it was the GG Luke.

ANYWAY, I voted SS Luke. I know I'm a nutswinger, but I love my SS Luke that's that.

None of them are any good....can't figure out why Hamill is so hard to do.

The best human sculpt so far by SS is Obi PF ..all the rest are very average.

I think everyone has nailed this one.

The real question is: Has anyone since '77 made a sculpt of Luke that looks like Hamill?

Even the new Yavin Luke looks nothing like Hamill.

IrishJedi said:
I think the SS Jedi Luke looks a lot like Hamill. It's just the expression that is a bit odd.

I agree. It has the best sculpt, but the expression makes it seem a bit off.

The GG bust is really good though. ROTJ was on last night, and that looks a lot like the Luke that was burning Vader. I wish someone could post a movie shot from that scene.

I think all 3 could be pretty decent with some reworking, like a little resculpting or maybe even just a great repaint. I think the SS sculpt probably comes the closest of the 3.The GG ROTJ Luke looks much better in the pic posted here. The initial pics I had seen of him looked just like the younger GG ANH Luke. It looks like they actually reworked the original sculpt some more, especially around the mouth & chin area. It looks a lot better in that pic!

Luke has always been a tough one for companies to truly nail. Hasbro actually had a few good Luke sculpts among the tons of disappointing ones, there is the first 1/6 Jedi Luke sculpt & one of the small 3 inch size ANH sculpts that I really liked from Hasbro. Even though I like alot of Frontline's Hero Heads, I think the Luke they sell is off.

I think my favorite Luke sculpt is the Xwing Luke sculpt from Gentle Giant. That's what I used for both of my custom Luke figures.

Back