1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Iron Man MK41 Bones Collectible Figure (Retro Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainiac

Super Freak
Reaction score
YZuhKni.png

fS5t2MR.png

FULXdHx.png

VLLu8aq.png

xsS0j11.png

MnRn8uZ.png

n9gRgrO.jpg

Bones is a beautiful armor in my opinion, I mean look:

11111916_10152865047182344_4882055969406232567_o.jpg

11313123_10152865045982344_4324364869426000891_o.jpg

:drool

I can't see this ever matching up to the beauty of the first, and I would go so far as to say that Bones is underrated because look at all that detail and sculpting. I wish I had the first and I don't like this new one, not sure if anyone was even wanting something like this, also the colors actually make me queasy :lol

Have we gone through all the other armors? Cash grab move by Hot Toys? :dunno

I thought the bones armour was what was under all if the Iron Man suits like it isn't complete and that was the look they wanted.

It looks horrible in red and gold.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks like a Chinese dragon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Hot Toys: Hey look at this!!!
Asian market:
makeItRain.gif

I thought the bones armour was what was under all if the Iron Man suits like it isn't complete and that was the look they wanted.

It looks horrible in red and gold.

Yup it's a prototype for the prehensile armor, without the plating, this is just a repaint of that, not meant to be another suit. I agree it looks pretty awful to me :yuck

Although I jump on every IM armour they put out, and will try to get hold of this (where will it be available...?), it would be nice if they'd get around to finishing the actual House Party.

I realise they have to repaint to maximise profit, and I do like this one, but I really would have preferred a different colour scheme. Perhaps switching out the gold for silver, leaving the rest black, or a blue/silver pairing would have looked better.

Looks nice but I already have sub zero and sneaky retro on preorder so don't think I will be getting any more repaints any time soon as I need to thin my collection some to make room for other figures I have on preorder/thinking of preordering.

Looks cool. I understand that repainted are easier but why not a HPP suit? I am sure there I was a reprint they could have done.

Looks cool. I understand that repainted are easier but why not a HPP suit? I am sure there I was a reprint they could have done.

I agree finish the HPP first. There are 16 left to be made. I really don't want to wait almost 10 years for the HPP to be finished. (10 years is a guess)

I haven't collected any of the HPP figures (or any repainted variants) excepted for the 33 (because of the nod to the Silver Centurion in the comics). But, this is a beautiful figure and I like the classic colors. I think it would look great next to the 42 (which I also don't have); the contrast of the colors between the two and the obvious evolution of design from one to the other would be very nice together.

I know people bash "repaints", and I haven't personally gotten any myself, but I thought this and the "hypervelocity" Sneaky were very nice looking figures. If there is a market for them I don't begrudge Hot Toys for making them, especially if they continue making quality products. One reason I participate in this forum is even though I have hover 35 Hot Toys figures I am not, cannot even if I wanted to, going to collect everything. And I love seeing what other people collect and can appreciate figures others might buy even if I don't. This looks like a beautiful figure I can't wait to see who gets it and how they display him.

Pass. XV looked better as a retro paint

Agreed. I prefer the original Bones. And the XV retro paint is a winner

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

The last Retro armor was based off the concept art, but I don't believe there's any concept art released where Bones is red and gold. Did Hot Toys just make this one up?

Back