FINALLY the fellowship is complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninersphan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The Fellowship.jpg

After long years, I finally have a complete 1/6 scale Fellowship. Have to say I'm surprised more people haven't posted this, once Frodo and Sam started showing up. I know there is no official Gimli, but so many of us made custom ones back in the day, I figured others would be happy to complete the set and show them off.
Frodo and Sam are much better in person than the pictures had led me to believe, which I'm happy for. I was able to use the Sideshow traveling cloak for Sam too,( and the sausages!!) Still upset Asmus didn't include the traveling cloaks and Weathertop swords with the four Hobbits. For me the Lorien accessories are unnecessary, as the whole point to me is the display the Fellowship and Gandalf never saw the Hobbits in those cloaks or with those daggers. Used the Sideshow W-top swords from Frodo and Sam to give Merry and Pippen their swords, they're a little big, but not to much. I do like the size of Asmus' hobbits better than Sideshow's they work well with my custom Gimli.
Now all I need to do is convince my wife, who's quite a seamstress, to sew traveling cloaks for Merry and Pippen once I can find the right material.

View attachment 333438

After long years, I finally have a complete 1/6 scale Fellowship. Have to say I'm surprised more people haven't posted this, once Frodo and Sam started showing up. I know there is no official Gimli, but so many of us made custom ones back in the day, I figured others would be happy to complete the set and show them off.
Frodo and Sam are much better in person than the pictures had led me to believe, which I'm happy for. I was able to use the Sideshow traveling cloak for Sam too,( and the sausages!!) Still upset Asmus didn't include the traveling cloaks and Weathertop swords with the four Hobbits. For me the Lorien accessories are unnecessary, as the whole point to me is the display the Fellowship and Gandalf never saw the Hobbits in those cloaks or with those daggers. Used the Sideshow W-top swords from Frodo and Sam to give Merry and Pippen their swords, they're a little big, but not to much. I do like the size of Asmus' hobbits better than Sideshow's they work well with my custom Gimli.
Now all I need to do is convince my wife, who's quite a seamstress, to sew traveling cloaks for Merry and Pippen once I can find the right material.

Really nice! I'll have a full Fellowship too when my Merry and Pippin arrive. They're not perfect, but i never even thought i'd be able to have a full Fellowship when i bought my first figure a while ago (a loose Sideshow Legolas for 25$ lol).

We really need a legit Gimli, but for now it's still fun to have a full group.

Received Merry and Pippin and they are really better than expected, to the point i'm now concidering replacing Frodo and Sam.

So there's my temporary Fellowship, while we all wait for a new Legolas/Gimli/Boromir.

LOTR1.jpg
LOTR2.jpg
LOTR3.jpg
LOTR4.jpg

Back