Package Delivery Horror Stories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ever had an experience where having a package delivered to you was an utter nightmare (as in bad shipping service)? Post it here!

I myself don't have anything that would really qualify as a "horror story", but I will say that the worst shipping experience I ever had was with DHL last summer. I had to order an item from an eBay dealer in the UK so that I could get it earlier than the US was supposed to start carrying it in retail stores. Because of this, I had to have the item shipped via DHL. The first time they delivered it, I wasn't home so they took it back to HQ and I had to sign for it the next day. When the package finally arrived, the top of the box was crushed. Not the worst shipping service ever, but still all the more reason you should never use DHL if you don't have to.

Later that summer, I was working at a summer camp/boarding school. Every lunch in the dinning hall, the faculty would have a riddle for the students to answer at dinner. One of the riddles was "What is always coming but never arrives?" (the real answer was "tomorrow"). Although I wasn't a student, I raised my hand and answered "Packages from DHL?" Only the people who had to deal with DHL before got the joke, LOL. :lol

Now let's hear your stories.

USPS lost my Mondo Antman print last summer

And I prayed to the print gods when the Stout Robocop arrived the other week. Had to be mailed flat, but nothing wrong

"You're not related to Channing Tatum are you?" - Curious

Anyway, only bad Mr. Green can remember is the guy from ebay who sent a CGC comic, in a simple yellow envelop, with no padding. Needless to say, it arrive cracked.

"You're not related to Channing Tatum are you?" - Curious

Here ya go. :lol

While we're on the subject of my introduction, here's the story of why I chose my username:

Back when I was about 11-years-old, I was obsessed with werewolves (still am). One day I came across a website with a feature called the "Werewolf Name Generator". Basically, you would type in your real first and last name and the generator would come out with something random. Sure enough, I typed in my real name and out came "Chakor Channing", and I decided to use that as my internet alias. It should be noted that I had no idea who Channing Tatum was back then. Had I know who he was, I would have never included the "Channing" part; would have simply called myself "Chakor". But I'm stuck with it now, LOL. :lol

I had a 1/6 head repaint coming in from the UK and it bounced around the tri state area for a month before I got it.

I recently received my custom Slimer from Riggs on this forum. Box came with a few dents and what not. When I opened it, figure was bounced all over in the custom bracing that Riggs put it in. The arms came out of the sockets, the trap had pieces pulled off of it. Ridiculous. They must have played soccer (ala Ace Ventura) with my package. Thankfully I was able to repair all of the damage.

Amazon shipping my GTX1080i via "ontrac" and never getting it. It was "delivered, left on covered porch" when I don't have a ****ing "covered porch". Had to file a police report as it was a bit "costly" just to take my word for it. Took almost two + weeks to get another one delivered to me, as they are somewhat hard to find ATM.

The worst packaging I've ever had was through Amazon. They take a big box, put the item in that's half the size with one little air filled plastic puff and ship it out.

The worst packaging I've ever had was through Amazon. They take a big box, put the item in that's half the size with one little air filled plastic puff and ship it out.

This exact thing happened last night now that you mention it. Me and my wife didn't feel like ordering oil since it's still a little chilly outside, so we ordered a nice space heater, which is actually quite nice and works great. They stick it in box about 5 feet long, while the box itself might be less than half that... and was partially opened.

One time Fed Ex came to my door and told me the Hot Toys figure I'd ordered had arrived with a finger missing. When I told them that this was unacceptable, they said "Oh sorry our mistake - that's your finger that's missing." The delivery man then used a Bowie knife to slice off my pinkie. When spaced out due to pain, he used zip ties to secure me, and threw me in the back of his truck.

When I woke on my porch two weeks later, I wasn't sure what had happened. All that was left was a note that read, "Iron Man? More like Iron Men!"

I'm still annoyed about the missing finger on my figure.

One time Fed Ex came to my door and told me the Hot Toys figure I'd ordered had arrived with a finger missing. When I told them that this was unacceptable, they said "Oh sorry our mistake - that's your finger that's missing." The delivery man then used a Bowie knife to slice off my pinkie. When spaced out due to pain, he used zip ties to secure me, and threw me in the back of his truck.

When I woke on my porch two weeks later, I wasn't sure what had happened. All that was left was a note that read, "Iron Man? More like Iron Men!"

I'm still annoyed about the missing finger on my figure.

LOL, I think you took the "horror" part a little too literally. :lol Fun post though.

Had a package with painted heads and accessories coming from the uk that i waited over a year for to be created and painted and the package got lost in the mail for 3 months then miraculously showed up. When it was lost and untrackable after it entered the country i thought i was screwed out of hundreds of dollars. Thank god it finally showed up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back