Sideshow no longer accept Amex as a payment method. Lol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeclon

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just received this in my mail.

342352c9302fabc369b2e31df1bba333.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 2 preorders on Sideshow... paid the NRD on both... and now they don't want to accept Amex.... wtf

This is bullcrap. I have some in progress flex pays with my Amex and now I have to switch for some reason. Why can't they just prohibit any FUTURE purchases with Amex? This is going to mess up my payment schedules. :gah:

Could be any number of reasons for this. Don't take it personally. Amex is notorious for having ridiculously high vender fees, which could be one of the reasons.

this Thread might be better off in Announcements because it is actually huge for many Amex Card users.There is already an uproar on the other Forum.

Will you guys be applying for Visas/MasterCards?

Sorry if that sounds snarky! Just curious what you guys with just AmEx will do.

Having no idea. Hope they accept paypal. [emoji30]

...this hobby while a costly one, is quiet and unostentatious and not sensational.

Having no idea. Hope they accept paypal. [emoji30]

...this hobby while a costly one, is quiet and unostentatious and not sensational.

Only on in-stock items. So that is no option when pre-ordering (or getting Exclusives).

For those worrying about flex payments.. don't. I emailed them and they stated that this is for new orders only. Open orders (on flex) will still be charged on amex if it's still on file.

All of your currently pending (open) order may still be paid with your American Express card if that is the payment type on file.

For any new orders that are placed, we will no longer be able to accept American Express as a form of payment.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Due to a decline in the service provided by American express, we are no longer able to partner with them. We do hope that this may change in the future.

But, this will probably cut down on my ordering.. a lot.

Only on in-stock items. So that is no option when pre-ordering (or getting Exclusives).

"Due to Paypal terms and conditions, we are only able to accept Paypal for in-stock and pre-orders that we are able to provide an exact shipping cost and final order totals.

In-stock orders will be processed and shipped within 24-48 business hours. To make any changes to an in-stock order, please contact our Customer Service department by telephone at 855-SIDESHOW.

When using Paypal for a pre-order your Paypal account will be charged for the full order total at the time your order is placed. You will be notified when the item is on it’s way to our warehouse via our Estimated Item Arrival and Processing Alert verification emails. When the product arrives you order will be shipped out within 3-5 business day."

Also talked to SS today via their website chat. New policy only apply on new orders. And as everybody already pointed out. PayPal don't work on everything, at least not working on most of the recent hot toys releases.

"Due to Paypal terms and conditions, we are only able to accept Paypal for in-stock and pre-orders that we are able to provide an exact shipping cost and final order totals.

In-stock orders will be processed and shipped within 24-48 business hours. To make any changes to an in-stock order, please contact our Customer Service department by telephone at 855-SIDESHOW.

When using Paypal for a pre-order your Paypal account will be charged for the full order total at the time your order is placed. You will be notified when the item is on it’s way to our warehouse via our Estimated Item Arrival and Processing Alert verification emails. When the product arrives you order will be shipped out within 3-5 business day."

I always wonder what's the truth here. I can use Paypal on eBay for a preorder with no release date. I can use it on Pledge Music for an album without a release date. But I can't pre-order on SSC for an item with a set release date.

Could be any number of reasons for this. Don't take it personally. Amex is notorious for having ridiculously high vender fees, which could be one of the reasons.

Would be part of it. Amex are stupidly expensive (2x+ Visa and MC), plus they are slow in settling, typically a days delay, which makes reconciling your banking a PITA. Probably simply an administrative and financial hassle SS longer need.

Here down under a few of our banks offer Amex as a "companion card", so you get a Visa/MC + and Amex linked to the one account (although some of them have dropped that as a result of Amex pricing). I have one and use Amex where I can for the reward points, the Visa/MC for all other payments. Maybe that's an option for you yankees?

Back