Decent alternatives to HT stormtroopers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderpants

Freaked Out
Reaction score
This is probably the nth time it's been asked, but while spending a couple of hundred pound/dollars may just be about acceptable for main character figures like Vader, Rey and Leia, it's out of the question when it comes to an army builder figure like the HT stormtrooper. So far I've come across the Bandai 1/6 and Tomy/Marmit trooper kits, which seem OK for budget £50 odd figures thatll be used to flank Vader.

Can anyone recommend either of these or a comparably priced/quality figure?

Marmit are great! A little soft in details, with poor poseability (without body swap) but in perfect scale and with a great mask sculpt. Incredible for a 90's figure. For £50 a no brainer in my opinion!

Attachments

• IMG_20161017_220905.jpg
    IMG_20161017_220905.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 307
If you can get a Marmit for £50 in good condition then go for it. I've only ever found a few near that price: TIE pilots with missing belts, and a Sandtrooper with white paint on it so it looked like a TK in the photos, luckily the paint came off and i was able to restore it back to a TD using Hasbro parts. The boxed Marmit figures i bought in the past 2 years have all been around £100, still far cheaper than a HT version.

I haven't got a complete HT Stormtrooper to compare it to, although i do have a HT helmet and it's a pretty close match, although the HT is a bright white and a sharper sculpt. I've got a Sideshow Stormtrooper and i prefer the Marmits, the SS helmet looks pinched in at the nose and the armour is too loose so looks odd with it hanging down too far.

1fdbeb14a76672aa0d7581c5a4842314.jpg

In the above photo from left to right is Hot Toys, Sideshow Han in disguise, Sideshow Stormtrooper, and Marmit. The SS Han looks better than the normal SS but still looks a little squashed to me.

That custom Marmit looks very nice. Wondering how much shipping inside EU would be for him...

Thanks all, may take a punt on a Bandai to see what it’s like, and think about Marmit if the Bandai doesn’t cut it.

Thanks, Sergiu. I think insured shipping within the EU is around 10€, but I can check the exact price later tonight.

I'm thinking about it, I like my troopers in pairs and I have a Marmit TK already. Will have to see if something else I'm looking for arrives in stock this week, if not, I might get this Marmit :) If you still have it for sale next week drop me a PM please

Back