Help: repair paint chip

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks simple enough. acrylic red, white and gloss clearcoat. mix em till you have the right colors. If you mess up, it washes off.

Any brand you would recommend? Also, do I mix the clear coat as well? Sorry new to this whole painting repair arena. I'm guessing I should get gloss acrylic red and white unless it doesn't matter since the gloss coat will take care of that? Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

no specific brand. THey are all just a few dollars each at hobby lobby. You dont mix the clear, it goes on after the colors are done with and will provide the gloss and sealing.

That's a small chip, should be able to build it up with layers of paint so it is flush with the surface.

Thanks, Brian. Do you happen to know if this Varnish will work as a glossy clear coat? It has a peach tint to it. Not sure if it drys clear.

That's a small chip, should be able to build it up with layers of paint so it is flush with the surface.

I'm not sure that stuff is the right thing to use.
I usually use testors for clear coat. Clear nail polish thinned with acetone works in a pinch.

Triple thick clear acrylic gloss is what you need. It's a slight off white and drys clear and ultra glossy. It's about $2 a bottle.

Back