1/6 HOT TOYS ALIEN Big Chap Broken/Ruined feet. Replacements? Options?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSFolsom

I Ain't Fraid Of No Ghost
Reaction score
So, sadly my beloved ALIEN Big Chap by Hot Toys 1/6 scale figure fell from my shelf to the floor breaking its feet and... I tried to glue them back on. Stupid I know. The posts for the feet are stuck in the legs.

SIGH

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Should be easy fix...drill a hole in the broken peg and drill another hole in where the peg used to attach. Use a brass rod from hobby store to reattach the two, use some super or epoxy glue. Goodluck

Here's some pics. The tail is what's keeping it upright in the first pic.

Before checking on this thread I was looking at the figure and had the same thought regarding drilling and adding something strong to hold the feet and legs together. :joy

untitled_by_nsfolsom-db3o62r.jpguntitled_by_nsfolsom-db3o60k.jpguntitled_by_nsfolsom-db3o5xa.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
wow so both legs.
i'd try replacement pegs (may be some black foot pegs from female figures or black hand pegs from predators - something like that) rather than rods and glue. a drill is still needed for getting the broken part out. no, not a drill but a thin long screw that would work as an anchor for pulling the broken part out.

Have you tried using Revoltech Joints?

Revolver_Joint_Chart.jpg

The 8mm or 10MM should work fine as a replacement. I'd try the 8mm.
The 6mm is better as a wrist-peg.

Hope this helps.

16c6fcn.jpg

ALIEN WARRIOR KNEE JOINT REPAIR:
DSC00354.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

Last edited:
Update!

So I managed to get the remainder of the pegs out of the legs! I am so excited to be one step closer to being happy to own this figure again.

I also found the other hands. The two relaxed hands had broken pegs on one end each as well. Those I'm not worried about.

I think I am going to get some of the Revoltech Joints by Kaiyodo as FACEBOX suggested if I can find 8mm in black. I might just have to buy a bunch off of eBay.

Thanks for everyone's help thus far!

file4_by_nsfolsom-db40oh1.jpg

file5_by_nsfolsom-db40oh0.jpg

file2_by_nsfolsom-db40ohj.jpg

file7_by_nsfolsom-db40ogn.jpg

file8_by_nsfolsom-db40ogk.jpg
file3_by_nsfolsom-db40ohc.jpg

Last edited:
Back