What 1/6th scale Buffy figures would you like?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthkush

Super Freak
Reaction score
I decided to do this as it's own thread instead of incorporating it into one of the other two specifically so that whomever is making any new Buffy product has an idea what we want if they're still in the brainstorming/planning stages. That way everybody is a bit happier with the eventual releases. Does QMX have the lincense? Is it official? I KNOW they listen to these boards. But whether, it's them, star ace or someone else, I think it's still important we give them a clear idea what we want and maybe even what looks/specifics we want.

For starters, I think some possible alternate headsculpts and maybe even some removable clothing would benefit for this line. For example, any vampire, should have 2 headsculpts(except maybe the Master should he ever be made), but you know, the main ones(Angel, Spike, Drusilla, Darla). There are reasons to double(or even triple dip) Spike and Angel but not just to get their vamp faces, those should be a given.

Rooted hair and sculpted hair should depend totally on the character. Seems like pretty common sense but I see this argument everywhere. Obviously, someone like Giles would have sculpted hair but what about say, Cordelia? Would probably depend on the look and the season/outfit, right?

I also think, being realistic, we're probably only going to get one shot at every character(should that character even be released), so with our little wish lists we should probably include which version/outfit we want the most. If QMX does have this, I'll try to think of their releases the way they're doing Trek. I feel Buffy, Angel, and Spike are the only locks with everyone else being a maybe depending on sales.

For Buffy, I'd want probably a season 3 Buffy. I always liked the tight red pants and black sleevless shirt look. I'd also go with rooted hair.

For Angel, I'd go with maybe season 2 Angel with the long black coat. Alternate vamp sculpt included. If they do an Angel line, I'd want another one with the shorter leather jacket.

Spike, I'd go with season 2 with the red shirt underneath, long black coat, and alternate vamp sculpt.

Obviously, there are other characters I'd want too but I'll save those for my next post as I gotta go give my kid some juice :)

Would love the ideas mentioned and have all the old SS ones, that sadly ended up being an experiment in trying to produce figures using cheaper materials and failed horribly.

i still think there's hope that Tweeterhead will get the license and make statues. They specialize in licenses that have been largely neglected and they do smallish runs that I think would be the perfect numbers to sell out for the Buffy fanbase. And with Trevor Grove doing the sculpts we can finally have the perfect representations of these characters.

Having said that i'd like to see:

Buffy in her iconic black dress, cross necklace and black thigh boots.
Alternate universe Buffy from "The Wish" with her tee-shirt, camo pants and military boots.
Faith from season three.
Willow from season three wearing one of her funky colorful outfits.
Vampire Willow.
Drusilla in full goth vampire mode with alternate non-vampire head.

Those are my top figures / statues.

I want them all. Aside from people like Trick whom I do not care about. I want the core group and any demon side they have, had have.

And I want ANGEL. I want everything Angel. Angel, Wes, Gunn, Fred, Lorne, Cordy, Illyria....the list goes on. I'm about ready to pull $20k out of my arse and just have someone make me a set cause I'm tried of not having them.

QMx should try releasing Buffy to answer the interesting and fundamental question of whether Buffy retains more fans, longer term, than Firefly. Given the 50% off Black Friday sale on Mal, and no further movement on Jayne, I have a hard time believing that he sold well. It was a superb figure though.

I liked FireFly, and it obviously had a passionate 'Browncoat' subculture that Buffy never had, but that doesn't mean people don't quietly endure liking Buffy in greater numbers. I've tried to get an artist on here to at least release Buffy, Willow, and Faith heads, but it hasn't happened yet obviously. I'd buy those three plus Spike and Angel, no question.

would love a phicen take on buffy

I would be profoundly disturbed seeing Phicen take on Buffy. Show me a head they've done that looks like a real human female and not a sex doll. They're a fine compnay for base bodies, but with Buffy it would be that grating 'sexy' Willow statue from Sideshow all over again.

For 1/6th I would like the core Scoobies and main vampires from the series:

Spike
Angel
Drusilla
Maybe Darla

Buffy
Faith
Willow
Xander
Cordelia
Giles
Oz
Tara
Anya
Dawn

I would consider variants or more than one version.

Star Puffs, I agree on Buffy vs. Firefly. I don't see Firefly having as a large a base as Buffy.

Last edited:
I concur with what others have said so far in that Firefly flans are just...showier but I believe Buffy has more fans and is much more of an impactful series.

As far as the others MUSTS that I think should come other than Buffy/Angel/Spike, I'd want...

Season 3 Willow-For me, this is the most iconic look for Willow. I believe Sideshow's old figure had the right idea, but the sculpt and figure itself just weren't up to standard.

Season 4 Xander- The best Xander because it's a nice intermediate between skinny 1-3 Xander and puffy 5-7 Xander(no offense to Nicky Brendon but his weight gain was noticeable).

Of course I want many MANY others but I think those 5 are the only ones we can really expect unless the line does much better. I also want, Anya, Wesley, Gunn, Tara, etc. but I don't expect them. If we get an Angel line, I think there's an possibility of Cordelia and Wesley though.

Those are interesting thoughts, but sadly, we won't get any. That license is done and too old to interest a company...:(

REally? I think this forum and the numerous articles of late celebrating the 20th anniversary of the pilot would say otherwise. Also the fact that the show is consistently ranked as one of the top 100 tv shows of all time is another indicator that the fanbase is there. We just need something new to galvanize the fanbase again.

I admire Serenity/firefly fans as I am also one of them. I went to an test screening of Serenity and witnessed an impromptu karaoke of "The man they call Jayne" which was surreal. That being said, it was half a season and one movie. Buffy was 7 seasons and a 5 season long spinoff. It's simple mathematics.

I've tried to get an artist on here to at least release Buffy, Willow, and Faith heads, but it hasn't happened yet obviously. I'd buy those three plus Spike and Angel, no question.

There's pretty good existing Buffy, Angel and Spike heads out there surely? I remember Willow and Faith being pretty horrible from Sideshow though. I'd offer my services, but I've never really worked in that scale (and am probably not good enough)

I have been thinking about this during my rewatch of Buffy to celebrate the anniversary. Just going with regular cast members or major recurring multi-season players, I would probably go with:

Buffy - I think they could get away with double-dipping here most easily, but the most iconic looks for me would be Graduation Day red leather pants Faith battle outfit or her blue coat look from Becoming.

Willow - Lots of different iconic looks - softer side of Sears, Vamp Willow, etc. - but if I had to go with one I'd go with one of her S3 outfits and corresponding hair. Maybe the fluffy pink outfit from Doppelgangland (and that way if they also did a Vamp Willow, you could exchange the outfits), or Choices?

Xander - I will be shallow and say my preferred Xander might be his Go Fish speedo look, lol. But more seriously, while his outfits tended to be pretty samey (that 90s button-down shirt open over T-shirt look, at least in early seasons), I'd like a Halloween army dude Xander or something from The Zeppo.

Giles - Tweed, obviously, though I would also totally be down for a Band Candy Ripper outfit.

Cordelia - I love the brown leather outfit she wears when she returns to school early in "The Wish," but really just about any of Cordy's outfits are on point.

Angel - One of his many mostly black outfits.

Spike - Ditto.

Drusilla - I like her ruffly white Victorian outfits from early S2, but her later, more traditionally vampirey outfits are good too.

Oz - "God" from Fear, Itself, obviously. Or maybe a Dingoes Ate My Baby t-shirt, if he ever wears that?

Faith - Again, Graduation Day leather pants battle is the way to go here. Alternately, something from Bad Girls/Consequences.

Anya - Bunny suit is obvious favorite, but for something more representative, I would also be happy with any of her OMWF outfits (the glitter butterfly shirt from Bunnies is a personal favorite), or her wedding dress from Hell's Bells.

Tara - Once More With Feeling park scene Renfest-y dress, full stop. They often dressed Amber Benson in really unflattering outfits, and this is one of the moments where they allowed her to look really pretty, and it's also possibly her best moment on the show.

Joyce - Anything BUT the outfit she wears in The Body, for all of our mental health.

Dawn - The only outfit of hers that really springs to mind is the dance-type outfit or dress from OMWF, or one of her early outfits with the Paul Frank monkey.

What I would most love is an entire range for each season, with possibly a couple of headsculpts and outfits apiece. Any or all of the following figures would be must-buys for me if done well:

Buffy, Willow, Xander, Giles, Cordelia, Angel, Darla, the Master, Joyce, Amy Madison, Harmony, Snyder, Oz, Angelus, Spike, Drusilla, Kendra, Jenny Calendar, Faith, Mr. Trick, the Mayor, Wesley, Vampire Willow, Anya, Riley, Professor Walsh, Tara, Adam, Dawn, Glory, Ben, Warren, Jonathan, Andrew, Dark Willow, Sweet, Principal Wood, Caleb

I would also go for some of the less annoying Potentials (and I guess Kennedy too for completion's sake).

I want to echo your sentiments for "The wish" Cordelia. That's a great look. I think in my last posts I mentioned Buffy,Xander, Spike, Angel, and Willow. If I had my way we'd also get...

Giles-Any season would do. Giles didn't change looks too much. I really like his look from the finale of season 6 BUT it's not a definitive look or anything.

Cordelia-I'm also down with "The Wish" Cordy but if we don't get her till an Angel line, I'd also like a season 1 or season 2 Cordy from Angel. I just want her to have the longer hair. The only shorter one I'd go with is the one from Angel season 5's "you're welcome"(I think sideshow made one of those and it was one of the rarest in the line. I thought it was pricey back then which is funny cause now I'd buy it in a heartbeat for that price).

Anya-I'd want a season 5 Anya. Maybe from "Triangle" if I'm being specific or even from "once more with Feeling"(season 6)

Tara-Anything from season 4.

Drusilla-I'm more partial to the red outfit she wore in season 5's "Crush" but I'd definitely be okay with the white lacey stuff from season 2. Vamp standard alternate vamp face.

Dawn-I don't care what season but I like her with a purple shirt.

Faith-I think I want her from "This Year's Girl". It's a nice intermediate between her Buffy and Angel days and it's more definitive Faith. Anything from season 7 and Eliza is a bit puffy.

Adam-One of the only big bads I want, he's an underated character with a wonderful design and I like him more than most. "I like Helter Skelter". That line always makes me laugh.

Kendra-2 reaons. One I think she's gorgeous but also because I'd love to have a shelf that's just her, Buffy, and Faith. Gives me more display options.

For Angel, I already mentioned Angel and Cordelia. The rest would be...

Wesley-from season 4. The battle weary, angry at the world badass who's been stomped on by everyone.

Gunn-from season 3. If we only get one, I think this is his definitive look.

Lorne-from any season. Any Lorne is good.

Fred-from season 3 cause I want her a little nerdier with the glasses and all.

Darla-season 2 with alternate vamp face.

Holtz-the only non vamp villain here I really want. I love Lindsay and Lilah but I doubt the line could get THAT far so I'd go with Holtz.

varients:
Vamp Willow
Dark Witch Willow(a personal favorite. season 6 isn't great but those last few episodes. Amazing).
Ilriyia(again an awesome character)
Buffy(either Once more with Feeling or "primevil" which I doubt gets made but I've always loved the glowing eye thing from that episode)
Wesley(just a standard season 3 of Buffy, nerdy Wes)
Gunn(season 5 with the business suit. Thought it was a cool turn for his character).

Unpopular opinion, I'm a fan of Seth Green but have no desire to own an Oz. Don't know why. Never loved the character.

I would love buffy and Giles that work together - maybe first or second season

Faith needs to be sexy af
Willow and xander need to be third season or later her season one hair was poor

Angel and spike circa two

Spike and dru work well but frankly that's quite a bill!

To start with buffy. Then angel and see how it goes.
Sideshow? Qmx?

The 20th anniversary came and went with no announcements figure wise. Only thing coming up is more Funko Pop and Rock Candy Buffy & Willow.

It's not looking likely for new 1/6th Buffy figures.

The 20th anniversary came and went with no announcements figure wise. Only thing coming up is more Funko Pop and Rock Candy Buffy & Willow.

It's not looking likely for new 1/6th Buffy figures.

It's weird. It's like the nostalgia for Buffy isn't really there yet. Feels like kind of the same thing for my other favorites like Lost and Battlestar Galactica. They haven't hit that "I remember those! I need new stuff!" thing with most nerds yet.

I remember in the early 2000's when the push for new ninja turtle stuff began and it seemed like only kids cared and collectors didn't seem to until close to the time of the 2014 reboot. Now Vintage turtle crap is everywhere and doing well. Juding by the performance of the new film, Power Rangers isn't quite there yet either.

I think Buffy/Angel nostalgia is really still a good 3-5 years off still sadly.

I'm a big Buffy/Angel fan, but I've made myself stick to movie related figures only. I just don't have the money or space to collect Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc.

But I don't think I'd be able to pass on Buffy entirely. Give me Buffy, Angel, and Spike. That would be one of my favorite shelves in my collection. I'd love to go deeper, but I just can't.

I think I could narrow my essential characters down to 5: Buffy, Angel, Spike, Faith and Willow.

Honestly, because the 1/6th market for this is as dry as a corpse, I'd be happy with just 1 figure done right, Buffy.

Back