Most Prized Comic Book(s) You Own!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawpaw

Super Freak
Reaction score
Post some of your most prized books you own with a little blurb about how you managed to find it.

For me, I'd say my most prized would be my TMNT #1 (2nd print) signed my Laird and Eastman. Bought this a while back from someone who worked at a local toy company in Connecticut. One day Kevin Eastman walked in with copies of TMNT #1 to give to staff members for promotion. He and Laird had signed copies.

IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG

Last edited:
Not a big comic collector but...

13329148_958064864305691_351489425_n.jpg

12558850_1132487240096805_974832954_n.jpg

Quite possibly the greatest comic ever. The detail of Totleben's art is untouchable.

I'm sure there are some others in my box, but these are the only pics.

The signed ninja turtles is a great piece and the amazing Spider-Man 129, a classic for sure and such a cool cover. For me I'd guess it'd be my new mutants #98

The signed ninja turtles is a great piece and the amazing Spider-Man 129, a classic for sure and such a cool cover. For me I'd guess it'd be my new mutants #98
That book has skyrocketed in price over the last 3 years since the announcement of the movie.

The Killing Joke dedicated by Brian Bolland... But I don't have pics.

I really like the cover of this one.

I know it, I was shocked! Hope it continues to increase with them new film coming. Thanks for the rep:hi5:

These I remember off the top of my head

Hulk 180,181
The 'Nam Magazine 1
Amazing Spider-Man 129
Amazing Spider-Man 300
The Dark Knight Returns 1-4
The Watchmen 1-12
New Mutants 98
Uncanny X-Men 288
The Killing Joke
Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe

51bnb5FjNPL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Only because my dad bought it for me in '89 as a gift and I still have it.
Year One also being one of my favorite Batman stories too.

Had all of the McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man issues, now gone. :slap
That still stings a little when I think about it.

I have Amazing Fantasy #15 and Amazing Spider-man #4. Both belonged to my dad and I found them at my grandparents. He had a lot more (like Green Lantern #1) but gave them to a friend when he was younger and that friend's parents threw them all out. :lol

The comics are in pretty bad shape, but they're holding together!

Last edited:
I have Amazing Fantasy #15 and Amazing Spider-man #4. Both belonged to my dad and I found them at my grandparents. He had a lot more (like Green Lantern #1) but gave them to a friend when he was younger and that friend's parents threw them all out. :lol

The comics are in pretty bad shape, but they're holding together!

Would love to see those. Always cool to see those in the wild.

Comics with personal value to me, but no monetary value? Too many to list.

One that I'm particularly proud of though is the New Mutants 98 I picked up back in 1991 or so for a whopping $15....that was huge money at the time for a kid in junior high.

Now I'm holding on to to. I think it just might go up and up and up.

Comics with personal value to me, but no monetary value? Too many to list.

One that I'm particularly proud of though is the New Mutants 98 I picked up back in 1991 or so for a whopping $15....that was huge money at the time for a kid in junior high.

Now I'm holding on to to. I think it just might go up and up and up.

I always liked the artwork on that book. Very cool to get it originally.

I saw an Amazing Fantasy 15 when I went to Wizard World Chicago

It's unreal how some of those vendors just leave the, sitting on a shelf at shows like that. I'd have it behind bulletproof proof glas.

Back