1/6 Chestbursters & Facehuggers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OM1D

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking for fetal xenomorphs to sport with Hot Toys' AvP trio and was wondering if there are any brand/higher quality 1/6 scale chestbursters and/or facehuggers to buy? Preferably bendable ones, for dynamics. So far I've only been able to find cheap, Chinese 3rd party pieces on eBay. But until I receive it, I can't say what to expect from them, detail- and design-wise.

What do you have? And what do you recommend?

content_aliens-077.jpg

Re: 1/6 Scale Chestbursters & Facehuggers?

the highest quality sculptwise are Konami's FH and CB. they are in good scale with 1/6. but they are... statues, not bendable.
for AVP just get either HT or McFarlane FH - and "cheap, Chinese 3rd party pieces" if they are what i think they are - bendable chesbursters.

McFarlane, based on A2, very soft (called HT on ebay for some reason):

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Konami, based on A1:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Konami, based on A1:

s-l1600.jpg

unknown, based on... AVP i think:

s-l500.jpg

that's all i know. all except for bendable ones are available on ebay right now.

Much obliged. So the top three alternatives are solid, although the first is soft plastic?

The last alternative looks exactly like the pics of the 3rd party chestburster I have incoming.

I need something that can constrict the arm of its Predator assailant as it's being grabbed.

Konami creatures are the best, but they are solid.
McFarlane hugger is rubber-soft, but has no wires inside. at least small versions didn't have + i have never seen 1/6 variant in any other pose than default. here it is:

and the last chestburster has a wire inside, like Neca's facehuggers. for your purpose he is the best, and there are definitely photos with him in Scar's thread. i remember them.

i have one myself, could try to find it and check whatever else you need, like length or something.

i have one myself, could try to find it and check whatever else you need, like length or something.

Much obliged my friend. It'd be great to see some actual closeups of it too see how the teeth look etc.

Might try yo find a McFarlane FH too. Do they come as a part of a package so you have to find them loose, or do they have their own retail package containing just the FH?

for photos it's better to see something online, as i don't know where mine is now :panic: i didn't unpack everything after moving to a new place.

697390541_o.jpg

that's approximately how they look, with a little variability of dark brown zone size.

and that's exactly how they look in normal light:

1_6_prometheus_xenocobra_snake_3_by_jaztermareal-d51x5f1.jpg

i guess they were recasts of these, coming with some HT figure or separately in times of AVPR many years ago:

CBHT.jpg
chestburster.jpg

McFarlane facehuggers were part of their 12" alien, they are available separately on ebay.

mcf-alien1.jpg

https://toyaddicts.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/12-inch-alien-from-spawn-macfarlane-toys/

There is an actual Hot Toys facehugger as well, but it only came with the AVP:R warrior. They are kind of tough to find loose.

HT_REQUIEM_ALIEN.jpg

that's why i didn't even mention him, as he is completely unavailable today.

for photos it's better to see something online, as i don't know where mine is now :panic: i didn't unpack everything after moving to a new place.

697390541_o.jpg

that's approximately how they look, with a little variability of dark brown zone size.

and that's exactly how they look in normal light:

1_6_prometheus_xenocobra_snake_3_by_jaztermareal-d51x5f1.jpg

i guess they were recasts of these, coming with some HT figure or separately in times of AVPR many years ago:

CBHT.jpg
chestburster.jpg

McFarlane facehuggers were part of their 12" alien, they are available separately on ebay.

mcf-alien1.jpg

https://toyaddicts.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/12-inch-alien-from-spawn-macfarlane-toys/

I want to give reps for your responses to this thread, but can't for the life of a Xenomorph figure out how?

:lol it's an option available only for premium members for some reason. i didn't pay for my membership this year and still cannot understand why i cannot just give rep points to people for great posts, why i have to pay for that.

I had these guys in storage, but figured they could contribute to this thread:
20170311_003011.jpg

The HT chestbuster was exclusive to the Cleaner-Kit Wolf Predator
The 2 HT facehuggers were included with either the exclusive Brown AVP Warrior Alien or the AVP:R Warrior Alien.
There's the McFarlane Facehugger that was included in sets of 3 with the 12" Drone Alien
There are the 3 Konami Chestburster, Facehugger and Bami Alien.
Back in the day I had a Superfacehugger from Alien 3 made out of another Konami facehugger
There's the NECA Queen facehugger (aka Superfacehugger) with beta Queen Facehugger.
The (out of scale) PredAlien Chestburster by HT. It was included with their dead Scar Predator Snap Kit figure.
Lastly, a 1:3 scale Facehugger that was included with the exclusive version of SEGA's ALIEN VS PREDATOR PS3 game

All are 1:6th scale except for the obvious Sega facehugger, HT Predalien chestburster, and beta Queen facehugger.

However, the figures HT include a bendy-wire in the extremities for posability.

Last edited:

View attachment 329353

The 2 HT facehuggers were included with either the exclusive Brown AVP Warrior Alien or the AVP:R Warrior Alien.
There's the McFarlane Facehugger that was included in sets of 3 with the 12" Drone Alien
Back in the day I had a Superfacehugger from Alien 3 made out of another Konami facehugger
There's the NECA Queen facehugger (aka Superfacehugger) with beta Queen Facehugger.
The (out of scale) PredAlien Chestburster by HT. It was included with their dead Scar Predator Snap Kit figure.
Lastly, a 1:3 scale Facehugger that was included with the exclusive version of SEGA's ALIEN VS PREDATOR PS3 game

All are 1:6th scale except for the obvious Sega facehugger, HT Predalien chestburster, and beta Queen facehugger.

Nice intestine-molester crew. Any chance you can specify which one's which? Is that AvP:R Chestburster unopened? Follow-up question: for sale?

View attachment 329353

wow that's a great collection of those creatures :clap
if that upper facehugger is 1/3, then sadly Neca queen hugger is definitely 1/4. (i hoped to use him with 1/6)

Nice intestine-molester crew. Any chance you can specify which one's which? Is that AvP:R Chestburster unopened? Follow-up question: for sale?

Thanks.
Umm...Konami is in the upper right.
The SEGA hugger to the left
The lower left are the HT facehuggers along with 1 McFarlane
Lower right are the NECA superfacehuggers and HT predalien burster.

They are all part of my collection, and are not for sale. Sorry.

wow that's a great collection of those creatures :clap
if that upper facehugger is 1/3, then sadly Neca queen hugger is definitely 1/4. (i hoped to use him with 1/6)

Thanks.
I think it's slightly oversized for 1:6th, but the Superfacehugger is supposed to be a little bigger than regular facehuggers. So...you might be able to get away with it.

Last edited:

The Alien: Resurrection Hasbro Call figure comes with a nice face hugger that's approx 1/6 scale. Has a chestburster as well. Neither are poseable. And the chestburster wants a hand shake.

The Alien: Resurrection Hasbro Call figure comes with a nice face hugger that's approx 1/6 scale. Has a chestburster as well. Neither are poseable. And the chestburster wants a hand shake.

Good "Call" (he...pun intended i guess...)
Never really factored how huge those things were compared to the figures and how they may actually be serviceable in other areas.

Last edited:

I think it's slightly oversized for 1:6th, but the Superfacehugger is supposed to be a little bigger than regular facehuggers. So...you might be able to get away with it.
yeah i keep these pictures in mind to persuade myself that supposedly 1/4 hugger would count for 1/6:

vlcsnap-2012-01-17-21h50m08s67_copie.jpg
vNXAUhf.jpg

i guess whoever made it oriented on Neca size next to their humans. and Neca made them giant - almost a size of human instead of about half human.

1300x-Aliens-Creature-Pack6.jpg

28 cm is very close to an 1/6 human... yeah i guess the theory fits.

Back