Which custom Indy head is this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderpants

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I brought a DX05 Indy figure last week, which arrived today, and came with a much better looking custom head in addition to the stock HT head, as shown below.

Stock:
5cf6c641c92fbfef9c7556fc66179e3a_zpsrgk81lbz.jpg

Custom:
ca9e6dae6f5f7f8d63199949b79b9e79_zpspknkuqpb.jpg

As a newbie to the HT scene though, can anyone tell me which head it is, and if there's any kind of hair sculpt attachment that would go with it, as having to keep the hat on all the time is a slight drawback.

Pretty sure that's the Treasure Hunter sculpt.

I brought a DX05 Indy figure last week, which arrived today, and came with a much better looking custom head in addition to the stock HT head, as shown below.

Stock:

Custom:

As a newbie to the HT scene though, can anyone tell me which head it is, and if there's any kind of hair sculpt attachment that would go with it, as having to keep the hat on all the time is a slight drawback.

It's the Treasure Hunter sculpt which is quite rare and coveted now. It's a bootleg recast of MJ Choi's custom. There's no custom hair for it and the hat it comes with is lame. Use the HT hat or if your DX Indy came with the map room outfit get a custom body, satchel, pants and shoes and use the Treasure Hunter sculpt.

C8D001D1-E25D-4FBC-90B6-02EA26E30C4A_zpsqlu0itqg.jpg

Btw, has anyone repainted the stock head to see if its just let down by the paint apps, or is the sculpt itself a poor likeness?

I believe rorywan painted the hot toys into a temple of doom version. I think he nodded the head though. The pers mechanism is what helps through off the likeness to the overall head shape and of course some people had a guy liner issue more than others

Stock:

Custom:

IMG-20170318-WA0004.jpg how about this friend ?

I already buy that one, it's excellent also, mine is a little different.

It is called the treasure hunter head. It was a recast of an MJ Choi head and sold on ebay a few years back. They have become hard to find. There is also a han solo version of the head.

man just saw this head sculpt the treasure hunter on ebay for $350.00 and was the only one listed. glad i got one years ago. cant remember when these came out.

Back