Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default A Challenge to Sideshow!

So, it is time for Brant and his colleagues to show what they are made of.
    In the "Ask Sideshow" section of the Sideshow site, it states that the Buffy /Angel lines are on hold but that Sideshow would like to revisit whedonville in 12" form at some future date. In the Buffy magazine it seems Brant considers the line to be complete and over (except for blue Lorne and PF)
    Well which is it? Is it over or not? Because it most certainly isn't complete and frankly it is an insult to say it is!
    The Buffy line will not be complete without an Anya/Anyanka to complement the otherwise totally pointless D'Hoffryn and the Angel line hasn't even really started. Wesley was in all 5 seasons so is he not core???? Fred was in three seasons.
    So here is my challenge to the folks now holed up in that ivory Tower in Thousand Oaks. If you are the same Sideshow Collectible company that got me hooked on 12"figures over 100 figures ago, the cool dudes who used to work in Westlake village and whose customer service etc was sans pareil, then at least give us another couple of Whedonville figures. You guys used to be fan boys just like us according to your early catalogues.
    Of course if you are now just another superstar mega-toy corporation now, servicing just the Star Wars Johnny-come-latelys and acting as distributor for a couple of japanese 12" manufacturers, then please feel free to totally ignore your solid loyal fanbase and pretend that we had never existed and put you where you are now.
    Such a typical L.A. story
    Last edited by thamesvalidude; 03-21-2007 at 03:41 AM.
    If your criticism isn't constructive......STFU!

Well, if I was Sideshow, you would've convinced me and I'd be giving you at least three more figures after reading that, thamesvalidude.

and bump!! We need answers, Sideshow! (please )

Sounds like a good challenge. But do Sideshow read these boards?

Visit My Mypace.com Profile/Blog page for pictures of my Sideshow Buffy collection and more!

Slayerverse - My Buffy The Vampire Slayer website with my collection on

My Buffy Figure Shows @ YouTube

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Sounds like a good challenge. But do Sideshow read these boards?
    Unfortunately, if as Ironman has said in another thread, the reaction to our campaign meets with the same degree of success as the POTA and Kurgan campaigns then we can assume that even if they do read the boards then they certainly don't listen!

The only name I ever seem to see is Dusty and she seems a comparatively rare visitor these days.
    If your criticism isn't constructive......STFU!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Doesn't matter if they read it. Their talent, time and energy are all pooled into star wars for the forseeable future.
    Skadoosh!

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    Yea, they read it - but they suffer from that horrible affliction - the Almighty Dollar. If it won't sell, they won't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by thamesvalidude
    The only name I ever seem to see is Dusty and she seems a comparatively rare visitor these days.
    Oh, I thought she was a he, good to know in case I have to address her

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Yea, they read it - but they suffer from that horrible affliction - the Almighty Dollar. If it won't sell, they won't make it.
    The sad part is that they WOULD sell just not as fast as Star Wars which makes it a failure.
    Skadoosh!

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    Dusty is the only one that posts regularly - but believe me, they know what's going on with ALL the fan boards.

Yeah, they read this board and know how upset we are, but I'm sure they already knew how pissed we were gonna be. The fact that they killed both lines anyway tells me there's not enough of us Buffy/Angel collectors left to matter to them.