received damaged ebay statue need advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chengda85

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi all, I just purchased a statue on ebay which was advertised as sealed. When I got it I found a part had snapped off. To be specific it is the dota 2 priestess of the moon statue and the tail of the tiger snapped off. I don't know if it happened during shipment. I'm giving the seller benefit of the doubt although I'm just a little suspicious for a few reasons: he only has 1 feedback, the statue is a lot cheaper than other seller's. Also I don't think it is too difficult to unseal it then reseal the Styrofoam with new tape?

Anyways I informed the seller and showed him some pics, he said he was going to contact the company (valve?) and see what they say. I told him to file a claim with Canada post and then issue me a partial refund, he told me the shipment was only insured for the standard $100 and he has opened a claim with Canada post and is waiting to hear back. Then I read on Canada post's site that they don't insure fragile items? dafuq? what if Canada post refuses to issue compensation? do I file a dispute with paypal? I'm trying to be reasonable and not blame him as I don't have proof it is his fault, so what do you suggest I do? if I do go the paypal dispute route, how much refund should I ask for? (I do intend to keep the statue)

My only advice is if you think you will ever end up selling the statue, just try to figure out how much you would have to discount it based on the damage. That's what I would ask for as far as a refund goes.

PayPal and eBay are both very pro buyer.

Ask for a partial refund since you want to keep it. As said above ask for what you believe is the loss of value. The guy is supposed to provide you with a partial refund and do wtv he wants afterwards to get his money back... he's not supposed to hunt for the money and give it to you after. He's the seller. He's responsible.

Ask for a partial refund since you want to keep it. As said above ask for what you believe is the loss of value. The guy is supposed to provide you with a partial refund and do wtv he wants afterwards to get his money back... he's not supposed to hunt for the money and give it to you after. He's the seller. He's responsible.

ok what if seller refuse to give partial refund only full refund, am I obligated to return the merchandise on my dime then?

That is the risk you take buying sealed pieces, but the seller is the one who loses out most of the time unfortunately. It is not hard to tell if a piece has been resealed(though sometimes factory or company do it for quality control so no way to tell 100%).

Give him some time before you open a case, I hate when buyers do that 5 min after informing me of a problem. It causes many problems for the seller. Ask for the partial damage claim amount if that is what you want and cooperate with the damage claim process. If you don't get the partial refund in a reasonable timeframe then open an ebay case.

That is the risk you take buying sealed pieces, but the seller is the one who loses out most of the time unfortunately. It is not hard to tell if a piece has been resealed(though sometimes factory or company do it for quality control so no way to tell 100%).

Give him some time before you open a case, I hate when buyers do that 5 min after informing me of a problem. It causes many problems for the seller. Ask for the partial damage claim amount if that is what you want and cooperate with the damage claim process. If you don't get the partial refund in a reasonable timeframe then open an ebay case.

how do i do a partial damage claim? I'm worried the seller will refuse to do a partial refund

You should bring these questions to the seller rather than trying to figure out how he/she would respond. The point is, the seller cannot require you either a full or no refund. Be cordial about it since you don't believe seller has prior knowledge. If you piss the seller off, you will still get a refund after opening a case.

With seller having only 1 feedback and it being a "sealed" item, it just seems to risky for me to ever entertain a purchase given those conditions. Don't open a case immediately. Try to let seller get an answer for you by a reasonable deadline. If he/she drags, simply open a case and return it.

what do you mean the seller cannot require me either a full or no refund

I think he meant that he CAN require no or full refund only. Some people try to scam sellers by claiming piece is damaged and asking for a partial refund and keeping it even though it was not damaged.

I need help, does anyone know were I could purchase a extra head:antman: for ultron on the throne?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What Ink just wrote is called a sentence fragment or incomplete sentence. If ink wants to learn more about writing and the english language he can read about it in the following link.

What Are the Different Parts of a Sentence?

ds_sig.gif

Hello people I broke my own piece by mistake, do you guys know where I can purchase a extra ant head from my ultron the throne statue? I tried sideshow they have none...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Contact Paypal and start the dispute process. Ask for the full refund.

You'll have to return the statue on your dime. Be sure to get a tracking number, and maybe insurance, for your protection.

hi, i think seller has to bear the returning postage, not buyer, the greatness of ebay.

Back