David Ayer's Bright

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Set in an alternate present-day where humans, orcs, elves, and fairies have been co-existing since the beginning of time. Bright is genre-bending action movie that follows two cops from very different backgrounds. Ward (Will Smith) and Jakoby (Joel Edgerton), embark on a routine patrol night and encounter a darkness that will ultimately alter the future and their world as they know it.

Bright is available only on Netflix this December. Bright is directed by David Ayer

what was that old book series that was kind of like this? it had to do with elves...

Edit: Artemis Fowl.

looks very very interesting- kudos to Ayer I don't care what anybody says about him...:lol
and Will Smith in a Netflix film? Wow..

Seems like a strange mix to me. Like 'Alien Nation' with orcs.

But I love that this is the first 'BIG' movie to be released on Netflicks. I hope many more come via online sources.

I get a but of a Top Ten ( comic) vibe so far. Tremendous comic btw.
Seems like a strange mix to me. Like 'Alien Nation' with orcs.

But I love that this is the first 'BIG' movie to be released on Netflicks. I hope many more come via online sources.
Love them or hate them, the Adam Sandler and Kevin James movies are massive money makers for Netflix, and are essentially the same as what you would get in theaters.

Adam Sandler and Kevin James movies are ...essentially the same as what you would get in theaters.

Not quite the same "big studio type pic" I had in mind. :lol

Netflicks/online release is ideal for Adam Sandler type movies. No need for those to be theatrical.

I expect a Will Smith movie to generate more buzz about an inevitable new release pattern... but who knows? This movie could suck -- likely -- and no one will care again until the next one.

It probably won't matter until something like Marvel or Star Wars generates an online movie. Then the world will quake.

Definitely on my list. Reminds me of the D-20 Modern role playing game from years back.

Written by Max Landis.

giphy.gif

Im only 25 minutes in and i liked what i saw a lot. I only stopped cuz my internet messed up

Back