[?] worth of a defect Dr.Teeth bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peacemaker

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Last week i bought a new and sealed Dr.Teeth Bust. I was happy to get it for 300,-
After i got it i noticed that the bust holder (between the bust and base) was broken (it was a clean breake) and now i asked myselve how much is it worth.
I asked the seller about a refund and the seller said that i can make a offer about the price reduction and he will think about it.
I want to fix it by a professional because it is a hard to find bust and i know that this is not a cheap thing. 2 times transport costs plus the costs to repair the bust, that means fix the breake and paint the breake over.
I do not want to be greedy but is a price reduction of 100,- too much?

Edit:
I make a photo of the break:
28435090zk.jpg

I would buy some milliput and fill the break with it..then paint it the color of the base

You can move the bust so i think only milliput wont hold it. The breake must be glued. And i cant paint over it because on the bust is a clear coat and under that is the marble effect.

You can move the bust so i think only milliput wont hold it. The breake must be glued. And i cant paint over it because on the bust is a clear coat and under that is the marble effect.

Ok ok..glue it with some zap-a-gap then fill the crack with some milliput ..apply some water with crafting tools to smooth the milliput before it dries..try to find the mix paint colors to match best then wrap the bust with cloth or something and clear coat the base again ...should work

Was it insured when mailed? Maybe you can make a claim that way?

If the statue is moving on the base, then I think you're justified in asking for 100 because you can't display it safely and will need to get it repaired. If it was sturdy I would have said just twice the shipping cost since a repair shouldn't cost much.

Back