LOTR statue collection finally displayed...Feedback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SakoGez

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Well it only took 15 years and it didn't end up exactly how I envisioned but I am happy. I did the Ikea Besta route. cost about 13-1400 for everything. They do not sell double window doors which sucks for the taller PF pieces (Doesn't even fit them)...I enjoyed the process of finally unboxing them and I forgot what made me love the movies/Books in the first place. I looked into everything from custom built in shelving etc..I did NOT put up my Artist Proof Balrog cause I'm terrified of even opening the shipper box (direct source legit AP)...My Artist Proof Cave Troll did go up and is my pride and joy. (It is only 1 of 2 confirmed Artist Proofs)...My question is what piece should I dedicate to the last window? Helm's Deep, Rivendale, any character on horse back etc..I have a ton of options. My Azop AP will not fit. The smaug is AP as well. The rest are either exclusive or regular#'s editions.

Attachments

• IMG_3840.jpg
    IMG_3840.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_3839.jpg
    IMG_3839.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_3838.jpg
    IMG_3838.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_3837.jpg
    IMG_3837.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 297
Oh I forgot to mention, I tried to stick to the bad guys only. One option is the where the diorama of treachery of Saramoun..Try to figure it out. Having to double store the boxes also sucks. I need to connect a couple of the LED lights that why they are not lit

The map I ordered online, it is wall paper that doesn't stick real well so had to use double side tape. I initially envisioned the whole wall being one giant map

Wow, just gotta echo what everyone else is saying and say that it looks great! Your LOTR collection is bigger than my entire collection I think!:clap

Nice setup. If it were me I would consider moving Barad-dur up higher and moving something shorter like the trolls or Smaug down in its place. Seems like the spire is cut off from view where it is now. Also depending on how you can fit it, I would move Sauron out and have the DROM and Saruman flank him as the center focal point of the collection.

Nice setup. If it were me I would consider moving Barad-dur up higher and moving something shorter like the trolls or Smaug down in its place. Seems like the spire is cut off from view where it is now. Also depending on how you can fit it, I would move Sauron out and have the DROM and Saruman flank him as the center focal point of the collection.

Good call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of them were just so difficult to even set up due to weight etc. I will readjust once I can get someone to help out. The Balrog was the most difficult one and the Smaug. Just on pure weight alone

I added 3 new statues. I need to reconfigure the over all set up however.

I added Azog
Mines of Moria
Treachery of Saramaun

(Thank you to my brother for those additions)

I'm officially listing my AP Balrog up for sale as well. So should be up on eBay in near future.

Attachments

• IMG_3944.jpg
    IMG_3944.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3946.jpg
    IMG_3946.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 118
AP Balrog. Never been opened and I have the legit paper work for it as well

Attachments

• IMG_3935.jpg
    IMG_3935.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3939.jpg
    IMG_3939.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3938.jpg
    IMG_3938.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 120
It's been in this condition since it was made in New Zealand. It's insurered so I'm not tripping. I just don't want to risk opening it myself

It's been in this condition since it was made in New Zealand. It's insurered so I'm not tripping. I just don't want to risk opening it myself

Insurance is not 100% guaranteed and if you don't get cooperation from the buyer filing a claim you might end up with nothing. You also can't ship USPS international for that kind of value without a signature for paypal protection, you would have to use FedEx/UPS international which is huge $$$.

Look, this item isn't for everyone. And I have local buyers interested as well. It's been inspected 1 time by the person who physically handed me the box and I have no reason to suspect it is damaged. Whip etc all prestine. All I was saying is that I am not willing to take the chance of damaging it by attempting to take out and display. Insurance for shipping I understand what you are saying, I want to gauge interest level on internet cause I've never really checked. Usually with these kind of top tier items there are 99% ******** offers/low balling. I know what I have and what I'm willing to risk with it. And to take out of box for photo op not worth it for an eBay listing

Back