X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pturtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-me...-supernova-directing-rumors-recasting-a149205

"I can tell you that the stories of me directing it are premature, but I can also tell you that we are in prep on what the next X-Men movie will be. We can't confirm what the next movie will be, but I can talk a little about, frankly, what I would do differently if I were to make X-Men: The Last Stand again, which had the Dark Phoenix storyline. I think the big mistake we made with that movie - and if anybody is to blame for it it's the writer, and I was one of them - it's that we made the Dark Phoenix the subplot of that film, instead of making it the main plot. The Dark Phoenix story is the biggest, and in many ways the most epic, saga of the X-Men comics, so you can't make that the B-plot of the movie. If we were lucky enough to have the opportunity to re-tell that story - and certainly, what we did with the end of Days of Future Past gave us the opportunity to re-tell it - I think we all would want to give it the justice and the space to breath that it deserves."

Last edited by a moderator:
X-Men Supernova

I have no faith in this movie. The younger students don't have any charisma, I doubt they can carry a movie, Kinberg might not only be writing this, but directing which has to be the worst than Fox can do.

How the hell does Kinberg keep getting so much work with Fox and Disney? He's written only one good movie that was pretty much written before he got his hands on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: X-Men Supernova

It has potential. Kinberg acknowledges that FF & Apocalypse had major problems.

Won't write it off just yet.

It has potential. Kinberg acknowledges that FF & Apocalypse had major problems.

Won't write it off just yet.

His resume just shows he’s not a talented writer. Honest DOFP is the only good movie he has written on his entire resume, but that script was pretty much done when Vaughn and his team were writing it.

By the way, he did say they might shelf Wolverine for quite sometime, so seems you were right about that, if they do that, then I’ll have no choice but to believe Fox is trying to sabotage the X-Men property.

Either way, after Logan, I’m done with superhero movies.

His resume just shows he’s not a talented writer. Honest DOFP is the only good movie he has written on his entire resume, but that script was pretty much done when Vaughn and his team were writing it.

By the way, he did say they might shelf Wolverine for quite sometime, so seems you were right about that, if they do that, then I’ll have no choice but to believe Fox is trying to sabotage the X-Men property.

Either way, after Logan, I’m done with superhero movies.

Dude, Carnahan is doing [an R-rated] X-Force, Goddard and Leitch are doing Deadpool 2, Boone's New Mutants looks great and features some truly inspired casting....the franchise is far from done and is not resting at all on Kinberg's shoulders.

Just watch an episode of Legion. Its ****ing brilliant.

Yea I'm done with the xmen after Logan. The series doesn't know where it's going and it won't feel the same . Dead pool doesn't even feel like it's from the same xmen universe.

I'd just love to see the xmen in the mcu. I want to see wolverine fight hulk and the xmen in actual costumes instead of black.

Logan is a good place to stop.

Yea, with Jackman and Stewart retiring from their roles, it looks like Fox will be going full universe building like Marvel and WB. I have zero interest in that.

Dude, Carnahan is doing [an R-rated] X-Force, Goddard and Leitch are doing Deadpool 2, Boone's New Mutants looks great and features some truly inspired casting....the franchise is far from done and is not resting at all on Kinberg's shoulders.

Just watch an episode of Legion. Its ****ing brilliant.

I plan on watching Legion once all the episodes are out.

That X-Force movie could be cool, but theres no confirmation Carnahan is directing. Isn’t he working on like 4 different project right now? I don’t know when he’ll find time to work on X-Force. As much as I like Netflix Daredevil, I would have loved to have seen his R rated Daredevil movie he was working on.

New Mutants and Deadpool 2 don’t have me excited at all, one seems like it’ll be a Harry Potter film in the X-Mansion, the other is a sequel to a movie I din’t really care for.

It not just this franchise though, I’m pretty don’t with all superhero films unless I see something more like a standalone.

"The Dark Phoenix story is the biggest, and in many ways the most epic, saga of the X-Men comics"

Spoiler Spoiler:

X-Men Supernova

Yea I'm done with the xmen after Logan. The series doesn't know where it's going and it won't feel the same . Dead pool doesn't even feel like it's from the same xmen universe.

I'd just love to see the xmen in the mcu. I want to see wolverine fight hulk and the xmen in actual costumes instead of black.

I’d rather Kinberg direct every X-Men movie from here on out than the MCU get their hands on it.

Were you really impressed with that new Spiderman trailer? Looks nowhere near as good as the first two Spiderman films.

:lol :lol :lol

Last edited:

That X-Force movie could be cool, but theres no confirmation Carnahan is directing. Isn’t he working on like 4 different project right now? I don’t know when he’ll find time to work on X-Force.

54d2mx.jpg

Carnahan rarely writes movies he's not directing. Plus, FOX wants X-FORCE for 2019 so that gives him plenty of time to finish directing Bad Boys 3 and The Raid remake which are both being shot this year.

54d2mx.jpg

Carnahan rarely writes movies he's not directing. Plus, FOX wants X-FORCE for 2019 so that gives him plenty of time to finish directing Bad Boys 3 and The Raid remake which are both being shot this year.

And he's writing and directing the Uncharted movie I believe. Surely he has to drop one of these projects.

I’d rather Kinberg direct every X-Men movie from here on out than the MCU get their hands on it.

Were you really impressed with that new Spiderman trailer? Looks nowhere near as good as the first two Spiderman films.

:lol :lol :lol

I don't expect it to be as good as the 1st and 2nd movies. Those movies were new to the world and it was our first time seeing a live action Spider-Man . I wasn't blown away by the homecoming trailer but it got me interested. When asm came out it looked rushed and decent at best and showed me Sony didn't know what they were doing. I just rather have the mcu handle Spider-Man than Sony right now. I love the character and I hope for nothing but the best. I don't know what to expect from these next few movies

Kinberg sucks. I don't know how he gets his hands into so many cookie jars, but Kinberg and Fox just don't get the X-Men. XM: DOFP was the closest he got to doing the X-Men right, but blew that with Singer on Apocalypse.

I agree with his comments about Dark Phoenix. It needs to be a massive, intergalactic epic. And Wolvie will sit out, at most, one x movie. Mark my words. You don't stop that gravy train, even if the writers would prefer it that way. A big part of Apocalypse 's commercial woes are going to be attributed to Logans minor role in the film.

Is dark Phoenix the most popular xmen story? People really want to adapt that. Why don't they try building up relationships, jean grey and her getting corrupted first instead of jamming it all in one movie. Atleast X3 sorta built up toward her becoming bad.

Didn't they already ruin the Phoenix story line by giving Jean those powers to begin with in Apocalypse? She's supposed to be immersed by the Phoenix force, and if we want to be faithful it should all be in space.

Is dark Phoenix the most popular xmen story? People really want to adapt that. Why don't they try building up relationships, jean grey and her getting corrupted first instead of jamming it all in one movie. Atleast X3 sorta built up toward her becoming bad.
It's one of the defining x stories, for sure. And it happened during the classic Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne run, which means the quality is much higher than most others. But I agree it would be best not to rush it. Would like to see a smaller scale story without world ending consequences, like a fight against Arcade, Proteus, or a trip to the Savage Land.

Back