Am really worried...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandea1

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I feel really sad right now. My grandmother is acting really weird, she has been having dementia for a year but she never had any problem until now. My mom and I used to take care of her for the past one year, but now whenever I go to work my mom finds it very difficult to manage my grandmother on her own. I got this job about two months back and my mom has been taking care of my grandma all alone ever since. This is very stressful for her since she has to cook and look after the house at the same time. So now we are thinking of hiring an in-home nursing care from Toronto. When I asked some of my friends for suggestions they too agreed with me, but I am not thoroughly convinced as I would like to get suggestions from someone who has had prior experience with them. The sooner the reply the better. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for your family bud my grandma had Alzheimer's for around ten years and she ended up in a care home.
Really awful disease I feel your pain and hope you get the help you need.

Sorry to hear this.

The only thing I can tell you is to thoroughly research your in-home health care provider and it wouldn't hurt to look into an elderly care facility with an Alzheimer's wing.

I hope things get works out and better for you and your family.

Take care. :duff

Thank you, John and Darth for your kind concern. We have talked with the nursing care service and hoping for the best. 316what I don't have any intention like what you said. Anyway if you feel so I am so sorry for you.

Thank you, John and Darth for your kind concern. We have talked with the nursing care service and hoping for the best. 316what I don't have any intention like what you said. Anyway if you feel so I am so sorry for you.

My apologies. The way it shows up on mobile with hyperlinks is similar to the other spam the site gets. Hope everything works out for your family and grandmother.

I don't get it.

- Come to collectible/toy/doll/statue website
- browse
- immediately go to "Other topics section"
- make first post about grandmother's dementia
- link to a healthcare website (that has a blog ad that was most recently updated on the day you decided to make your first post)

I don't get it.

Hi, sounds like a difficult situation. We've gone through similar trials in our family with grandparents. The best thing we did was start involving the family doctor, getting diagnosis and tapping into programs available to those with a proper diagnosis. Some cost money, some didn't. Please know that the sooner you get her name on a list for a home, the better chance you have of getting her into a good one. If you wait to the last minute, she could end up further than you'd like or in a place that isn't as good as you'd like. I know the temptation is to keep her home as long as possible, but there will be dangerous moments for your family as her mind loses control. You need professional help to track it and advise. It's not nice at first, but eventually it can work out and she can be in a good place where you guys can call daily and visit regularly if your family makes it a priority. Good luck to each of you!

I have to admit I had thoughts like DiFabio's post as well concerning first posts, but if you're legit I hope you find the board to be a nice distraction!

It's more like:

- Come to collectible/toy/doll/statue website
- browse
- immediately go to "DC collectibles section" to the SSC Superman 1/6th scale figure thread to post:

Hurray...It is Great.

- Then 6 minutes later straight to the "Other topics section"
- makes first thread/second post on board about grandmother's dementia
- EMBEDDED link to a healthcare website

So basically: 1/6 SSC Superman >>>>>>> Granny's Cray-Cray

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Dementia sucks. But stay away from that c care place you link to. I hear they are not only frauds, but degenerates and thieves.

Take warning, Canadian boardies! Stay far away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back