Superman sequel may be scrapped?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidwolverine21

Super Freak
Reaction score
this off of ign.com
bad news for supe fans good news for justice league folks.
March 19, 2007 - Last week's news that Bryan Singer was developing a new thriller with his Usual Suspects screenwriter Chris McQuarrie sparked the speculation that the director's Superman sequel may have stalled.

Now comes a report that claims the sequel may have been scrapped entirely, but that doesn't mean Brandon Routh will be retiring his Super-duds anytime soon.

According to Moviehole.net, Warner Bros. is considering postponing (or outright shelving) a direct sequel to Superman Returns in favor of putting the Man of Steel in their recently announced Justice League of America movie.

The site adds that Batman would not be involved in the Justice League film, leaving that franchise separate from both Superman and JLA.

IGN heard the same rumors over the weekend, but our inquiries to our Superman sources had gone unanswered at time of publish.

Last edited:
God Damnit now this news.(not that it's that bad but Superman needs his own ****!!)

Were different studios involved with the Batman and Superman films? It wouldn't hurt to at least have a cameo by Bats would it?

i saw this today:

Robert Meyer Burnett, who produced and directed behind-the-scenes material for Superman Returns, says that March, 2008 is the planned start of principal photography for the sequel. A Q&A on BlueTights.net reads:

Angeloz asks if I'm coming back to work on the sequel. The answer is...I'm ALREADY working on the sequel. Bryan, Brandon and the whole merry bunch will be coming back...and filming will probably begin March, 2008, as was always planned from the beginning. The WWII film Bryan plans to shoot over the summer will have NO EFFECT whatsoever on the Superman sequel schedule.

Spenser said:
i saw this today:

Robert Meyer Burnett, who produced and directed behind-the-scenes material for Superman Returns, says that March, 2008 is the planned start of principal photography for the sequel. A Q&A on BlueTights.net reads:

Angeloz asks if I'm coming back to work on the sequel. The answer is...I'm ALREADY working on the sequel. Bryan, Brandon and the whole merry bunch will be coming back...and filming will probably begin March, 2008, as was always planned from the beginning. The WWII film Bryan plans to shoot over the summer will have NO EFFECT whatsoever on the Superman sequel schedule.

thats interesting, mixed sayings from different places.

I'd take BlueTights' word over IGN's any day.

Though I must say that a JLA flick with Routh as Supes, Bale as Bats and a solid cast for the rest would be mucho kick ass if done properly. :rock

With how long it takes Warner Brothers to atcually get one of the DC characters turned into a feature film I doubt they would all of a sudden scrap a project that was succesful. The odds of them scrapping Superman Retruns sequal for a JLA movie imo are extremly low. I doubt the JLA movie will ever get made for that matter or at least not for 5-10 years WB are just that bad at this.

Yup, Superman needs a sequel. A JLA movie without Batman? That doesn't sound right...

Whether Singer's other film has an effect on the Superman sequel filming doesn't matter. For one thing, have we heard ANY news of a script?Nope. They are barely scraping the edge of pre-production for the film and it is Warner Bros.' OWN fault for not signing Singer up to start work on the film right away anyways.

I for one think it'd be better for DC to tackle a Superman sequel before they do Justice League...though I think they are pushing to do Justice League because they have really noticed how far they have fallen behind in terms of comic movies with Marvel leading the way.So if they're going to try and hit it big, why not do it with JLA?

I also can understand why they would keep Bats out of the JLA movie. Though I want to see him in there as much as everyone else, I do understand that Nolan's re-imagined view of Batman was to keep him as grounded and realistic as possible and Batman Begins achieved just that. Putting Batman in a movie with a bunch of colorful costume characters in costumes might bring back some bad reminders of the ol' Joel Schmaucher crapfests and I'm sure DC and WB want to be VERY careful with Batman this time around. Not to mention that maybe the Bale Batman may not be handled as well by another director and screenwriter. This is why I would favor a World's Finest film FIRST over any JLA film.

I was looking forward to a superman sequal,JLA sounded cool until I read no batman in it LAME.Their is no bright side to this.

Billy

Back