Help with LED's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just bought me a new shelf for my office and would like to add LED's to it along the front of each shelf shining down. I need help on finding the right lights. I want to illuminate the shelves but not the sides. Are there extensions/connectors to allow me to do this?

Thanks

this is the shelf I bought - https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20213312/

I should add, I'm trying to avoid lighting up the sides going down to the next level. Maybe I should just wrap that section in black tape?

Bit confused about what you mean by "avoid lighting up the sides going down to the next level"......there's no 'sides' on that shelf.

Can you elaborate plz :)

Sure, from what I've seen I can buy 16 ft strips of LEDs, I want to run the lights horizontally along the shelves. How do I get to the next layer of shelves, so they are all in one remote

Oh my bad. Thought you didn't want the light to shine on the sides etc. Which would be a problem to control :lol

Are you handy? (i.e. can you solder)

If yes, you can get kits and cut/solder strips to lengths you want and run wires down you side posts.

I have YouTube...I can learn lol. I would rather have the lights only shining down from the shelves only, and not the sides

Just gotta figure out what to buy

17035869_10209068637772571_445166437_o.jpg

Here is the shelf I have...Need lights running where I highlighted in Yellow...

Back