Tamashii Nations - Pacific Rim: Uprising

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachiel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pacific-Rim-Uprising.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/BluefinBrands/videos/1289819464438165/

Chogokin, model kits, and more coming.

Hope that means Robot Damashii and S.H. Monsterarts and that they'll make Jaegers and Kaiju from the first movie.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm guessing this is who Randy from NECA has been referring to on Twitter when explaining repeatedly explaining that they don't have the license for the sequel. Never bought anything from these guys, should I be excited? Massive Pacific Rim fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting. I'm guessing this is who Randy from NECA has been referring to on Twitter when explaining repeatedly explaining that they don't have the license for the sequel. Never bought anything from these guys, should I be excited? Massive Pacific Rim fan.

Yes, yes you should be.

Even their most basic line, Robot Damashii, kicks anything NECA can do in the teeth in terms of engineering and general solidity. If these end up being under the Super Robot Chogokin banner, even better. If they decide to go all-out and make some characters in their Soul of Chogokin line, brace your wallet...

QIBXgN0.jpg

Tmumb7j.jpg

1OTvMx5.jpg

bUmJvZX.jpg

Yes, yes you should be.

Even their most basic line, Robot Damashii, kicks anything NECA can do in the teeth in terms of engineering and general solidity. If these end up being under the Super Robot Chogokin banner, even better. If they decide to go all-out and make some characters in their Soul of Chogokin line, brace your wallet...

QIBXgN0.jpg

Tmumb7j.jpg

1OTvMx5.jpg

bUmJvZX.jpg

But what's the price difference between these figures compared to NECA?

SoC Pacific Rim would be wild!

But what's the price difference between these figures compared to NECA?

Robot Damashii figures have traditionally been in the $30-60 range, but prices are climbing and some of the newer stuff with lots of accessories is over $100. SH Monsterarts, for the kaiju, would be strictly in the $35-60 range, perhaps more if the figures are large. For both of those lines, the figures would be in the 5"-8" range. Super Robot Chogokin figures contain die-cast metal and usually go for $60 or more. They'll also be about 6" tall, maybe 7". Honestly I can't really tell the difference between Super Robot Chogokin and the 'Metal Robot Spirits' label that the newer Robot Damashii figures have, since both are smallish and contain metal. Maybe they restrict Gundam and other sci-fi mecha to Robot Damashii and produce super robot-style figures under SRC. Anyway, I'd estimate $55-80 per figure before shipping for the cheaper stuff, which they will almost definitely make.

Soul of Chogokin is Bandai's premium robot line and releases contain a lot of accessories, nice stands and metal. The figures typically incorporate a lot of gimmicks and almost all of them transform. Prices range from $110 for simple figures that act as accessories/sidekicks to big releases, all the way up to $300 for really involved new stuff like Voltron/Golion. I'd get a Pacific Rim SoC would be around $200-250. The figures are normally about 9-10" tall.

So you're probably looking at $55-80 for the NECA-type stuff. It will almost definitely be better quality, but it is more expensive.

Of course, I'm sure a few of us are rooting for a full DX Soul of Chogokin release, 13" tall, packed with accessories, gimmicks, removable armour and electronics, heavy enough to give you back pain, and at least $500 from any US retailer :wink1:

I think we well see a SOC gypsy at least, plus Super Robot Chogokins of the main jaegers. Can you imagine a DX release? My wallet just screamed and jumped out of the window.

Interesting. I'll keep an eye here for sure. On a different note, I'm still bummed no one made figures of any of the humans from Pacific Rim. A 1/6 scale Mako would have been a dream figure...

Looks to me that they're really trying to target the eastern market with this film and merch. It makes sense, they love big robots - and by handing the license off to an Asian company they may fare even better.

this is their chogokin voltron

BAN17110.jpg

item_0000011469_ectfj8ku_01.jpg

04_sec01_img01.jpg

this lines price varies, voltron was 300$ but they have some figures that come way under that. They have a smaller ARTS line for highly articulated figures that come in at around 60$-90$.

this is a godzilla from that line

BAN16789.jpg

I was honestly expecting them to make a monsterarts line but hearing they are doing a Chogokin line is insane. Their voltron is crazy fantastic, easily one of the coolest things I have owned. I cannot wait to see what they do with this license.

Robot Damashii Gipsy Avenger
1499411559338.jpg

Chogokin Gipsy Danger
tamashiigipsy.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea on the size of the chogokin version?

It'll probably be around 8-10 inches tall. I have two SOC figures and that's Voltron and the mega zord. Voltron is pretty big at a little over 10 inches and the mega zord stands at 8 inches. Considering this is non transforming I'll say this will be around 200$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to get these! I hope they make at least one or two Kaijus into Monster-Arts figures.

There are beautiful pics of the SOC Gipsy Danger over at Toyark. I have to have him, but it will cost $250.00 ... sigh.

Back