Your username?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious as to how we all came up with our screen names on Sideshow Freaks. As for me, I already explained in my introduction post, so I'll let the rest of us take the stage! :wink1:

I was a studio painter in college among other things (long time ago) and I was looking for a email address that didn't have numbers in it.
Still have the same email address and its now followed me into my custom work. Now people think I'm a painter on here but I actually build props more than anything.

I took my name from the British horror writer and former British Army Royal MP, Brian Lumley's Necroscope series. It's his version of the history/legends of vampires in our world. Known as The Wamphyri in their world, some were exiled into our world via a trans-dimensional, "gate." (wormhole) His vampire stories explain why some humans have different psychic abilities. From human lie detectors, to scryers, to telepaths, and locators, all forms of ESP are derived from the original vampires coming to our prehistoric world. And these vampires are horror vampires, not that Twilight crap. They even make Bram Stoker's Dracula look timid. Anyway, when I started creating online profiles for forum boards, I needed a word that wasn't common. I chose the word wamphyri and added the 13 because, at that time, there were 13 books in his original trilogy. That's right, trilogy. His first 3 books were so popular he ended up writing many more books about the main characters that included 2 "next gen" series. So there you have it.
Ryan

When I was little and saw Superman II, I loved Terence Stamp as Zod. At the end, when Superman tosses him into the hole/pit/whatever it is, everyone said he died, but I though it was a pit that he couldn't get out of because he didn't have powers anymore. Whatever happened, I still refuse to believe Zod died in that film.

Mine came from some Japanese video game series. Metal stupid something or other...

The Green One says that Mr. Green is an alias use by Bruce Banner whenever he communicates over the internet anonymously. And The Green One says that if you don't know who Bruce Banner is, you can google him.

me·du·soid
məˈd(y)o͞osoid,məˈd(y)o͞oˌzoid/
Zoology
adjective
adjective: medusoid
relating to or resembling a medusa or jellyfish.
relating to or denoting the medusa phase in the life cycle of a coelenterate.
noun
noun: medusoid; plural noun: medusoids
a medusa or jellyfish.

I'm into aquatic life and mythology, so it seemed like the perfect fit.

Back