How to add Sweat Effects?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK Serious discussions here. I'm trying to figure out the best & easy way to add sweat effects permanently on figures. Which includes both outfit, head & body.

I have come up with few options i felt as easy solutions:

1.Acrylic clear gloss/semi gloss paints, which includes Future Floor Care. I have used this to gloss up diecasts and noticed the cloth i used has a permanent wet look (darker tone), downside is this will harden the fabric abit. but it may be because i actually soaked the cloth into the Future Floor Care solution. if you decide to remove it it might be possible to wash the whole fabric.

2.Mink Oil. Not sure how long it can last but based on the other cloth i used to apply mink oils on leather goods, i noticed the cloth also has a darker wet look. this has the advantage over acrylic that it won't harden the fabric or alter the texture. but the figure will have the mink oil scent and you might get some on your hands when you handle the figure. the effect can last at least few months but down the road i'm not sure once it dries out. possible to wash it off to remove.

3.Darker tone matching fabric color. This requires more effort in mixing the color to match the fabric, and requires lots of dilution. it's a permanent solution. add some semi gloss clear to make the sweat look fresh.

4.Use diluted black acrylic paint. just like 3, but need to make sure the mixture is diluted enough not to make it look like oil/grease stains.

5.Black Coffee (unsugared). Apply them let it dry and enjoy the aromatic effect. Not sure if it would cause any mold/bacteria issues.

6.Diluted Soy Sauce. If you are caffeine allergic, Soy Sauce is a good alternative for some aromatic effect & you feel salty when you lick the figures. Since it's food product not sure about long term problem.

7.Tea. If you prefer lighter tone effect, or if you are caffeine allergic, Tea offers a good means to get your figures sweaty but not salty. Hot Green Tea seems to work better for sweat while red tea more on dirt.

8.Tamiya Weathering Powder (Oil stain/Soot). Oil stain/Soot works well for sweating up darker color fabrics. Wet the fabric up and apply with brush/cotton buds. Problem is it's powder based so it might come off after too much handling.

9.Dirty Water. Easy available however effect depends how on dirty the water is.

10.Let mother nature do it's work for you. Leave it outside you house secured and let the weather do it's job. Best done during rain season.

For head & body i only glossy clear stuffs works. Brush/Sponge/Cloth. However i have yet figure out how to recreate sweat drop effects.

If you use any food products, you might get mold and/or bacteria over time that could damage the item.

He is kidding!!!!! The whole thing is strange Internet performance art!!!! He is not really serious about any of it!!Good one though, you had me going for a moment!

Back