Star Wars ANH Han Solo Blaster prop replica review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's Day! I have a review tonight of the perfect gift for any nerd - the Han Solo blaster prop replica from Todd's Costumes! This thing is amazballs, seriously, one of the nicest replicas of any sort I've ever seen. Check out the review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-021517a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_hanblaster_large.jpg

I ordered one of these a couple weeks ago! A quality metal DL-44 replica was on my top-5 personal Star Wars collection grails list, so I couldn't resist when I found this. As you mentioned in your review, I've seen less impressive replicas sell for way more money previously, so this one seems like a great value. It sounds like it is as nice as I hoped it would be. I can't wait to receive mine. I'm really hoping they do an ESB version at some point as I'd love to have a nice example of both versions.

I just need to figure out a creative way to display it now...

Ouch! That price! I know you rationalized it in your review, and it makes sense. But still!

Dammit I really want it!

I have a lot to ponder...

Yea, remember - MR was charging almost that much a decade or more ago. 'member their ESB blaster? mmmmm, 'member berries...

I'm liking this a lot. Might order one. Will cost me around $560-580 shipped to the uk but hey it looks good and make an awesome display piece.

Considering a resin "good" custom will cost that or more, looks like a great deal. The only pistol I've been considering getting, most iconic to Star Wars imo.

Very cool blaster there! :clap Denix makes pretty accurate Mausers, excellent for converting into DL-44 and Mer-Sonn, at a fraction of price of a real MGC.

Mine didn't come weathered... at all. Did you hand weather yours? I'd like to weather it but don't know how :(

You can choose weathered or unweathered in the drop down options. I presume you didn't choose the weathered option then?

How long did it take to make and come in? The site says 4-6 weeks. Is that accurate? No rush, I'm just curious.

Still heavily pondering if I should take the plunge. I have already gotten 2 reminder emails from Todd's Costumes telling me that I have an item in their basket! :lol

I'm also curious about the timing--is it really 4-6 weeks? And does anyone know if there is indeed no display base or whatever for it, or did Michael's not have one because it was one of the first ones released (like he mentioned)?

Back