Statue Kotobukiya Thanos Fine Art Statue (1/6 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dru_s

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Received my Kotobukiya Thanos statue this week. And I must say that I'm really impressed on how this piece came out.

Personally, I prefer the Starlin/Perez classic look Thanos in comparison to other versions of the Mad Titan. But this more modern "Marvel Now" type art style they used here gives it a unique presence that sets it apart from its Bowen counterparts.

I really like the gold matte finish they used on the armor and the base is very nice as well. The statue does have a nice weight to it also. I took a few pics and how he matches up in scale to a 1/6 scale Hot Toys figure.

Curious to know if any of the other members here had an opportunity to pick this piece up yet and what they think about it.

a8e7ac168abf18d93a49501e13b083aa.jpg
398e58a179c13667dcd3b40ed907e7b4.jpg
9ff4fe95532e0f7a6d7e3282e50b07b3.jpg
b30665b897a87727bd1cdfb211d3da60.jpg
44f40329aa4f51bf001e95f0ba071c44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. The only reason im on the fence is because im gonna collect the avengers assemble line from sideshow and those are 1/5 scale. This thanos would look to small. Then again i got the 1/10 avengers from koto but then this thanos will be tooo big[emoji23] anyways awesome looking piece lol

Looks good xmag! I have mine lined up against my 1/6 scale Marvel figs also. In my opinion it's not an exact scale match but still good enough for me.

Just got this in the mail and it is awesome. It's nice to feel like I got a bargain on a statue. $237.00 and 10% back in eBay bucks. As for the statue, it's big at 15 inches for a 1/6 scale. It's solid-heavy, has a plain base, and 2 interchangeable heads. Colors are vibrant and the stones look great. Very satisfied. Thanos isn't at the top of my list when it comes to characters I like, more of a straight X-Men marvel guy, so the premium format was out of the question. I'm glad to get such a well done representation. I can't wait for more marvel Koto products.

Just got this in the mail and it is awesome. It's nice to feel like I got a bargain on a statue. $237.00 and 10% back in eBay bucks. As for the statue, it's big at 15 inches for a 1/6 scale. It's solid-heavy, has a plain base, and 2 interchangeable heads. Colors are vibrant and the stones look great. Very satisfied. Thanos isn't at the top of my list when it comes to characters I like, more of a straight X-Men marvel guy, so the premium format was out of the question. I'm glad to get such a well done representation. I can't wait for more marvel Koto products.

Thats awesome congrats. I think this is the statue im going for. Same boat. More of an xmen fan. Got into thanos "late" in the game so shelling out 1200 right away is a bit too much haha. Is it 15" top to bottom?

Congrats! I personally like all the full size Bowen statues of Thanos better than the Koto Thanos. However, that has more to do with my utter disdain for the Marvel NOW comics that have been released over the last few years. I hate just about everything Marvel NOW including the costume updates for the Marvel U. I just have a personal preference for the classic Thanos and Marvel U in general. That said, Sosa did a great job on this sculpt. He's an incredible sculptor and I think his work is amazing. For collectors who like a modern take on Thanos, this is a great looking statue. I can't wait to see the next 2 fine art statues. Vision looks amazing and I'm sure Sosa will nail the Punisher.

Thats awesome congrats. I think this is the statue im going for. Same boat. More of an xmen fan. Got into thanos "late" in the game so shelling out 1200 right away is a bit too much haha. Is it 15" top to bottom?

15" from the bottom of the base to the top of the head. I've never seen a Bowen Thanos in person (too pricey for a character I "kind of like)" but Bowen makes very nice statues. As for Sosa sculpts, I'm not a big fan of his work but his Rogue and this Thanos are top notch. I always felt his sculpts were over-muscled.

Hi ther fellow collectors. How bout some thanos pics?[emoji2] this is gonna be weird. But im torn between this thanos amd ss framed print. Pretty much to go with their avengers assemble line. Hey i said it was weird lol.

10%? I thought it was 1%.

Ebay sends offers pretty frequently to your email about bucks offers. I get them probably once a week. They're personal to each person and they'll give you a whole weekend or time period to buy something and get bucks. You have to buy something over a certain amount say $50.00 and then the rate increases. 10% is the highest I get and they come frequently, sometimes 8% too. I always make sure to wait for them if I'm going to buy something expensive. For Thanos, almost $24 back. And I just used it to buy a used video game that came out a few months ago. I think it's a good deal. 1% is the "everyday" rate.

Back