Two Pumpkinheads are Better Than One!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm still new to this forum. I showed off my complete Pumpkinhead collection not too long ago, but I figured that my two SOTA Pumpkinhead figures deserved a thread of their own. Here's the story of how I acquired each and some pics.

I got my first SOTA Pumpkinhead figure used from an eBay seller for about $75 in May 2016. Once I removed it from the shipping box, I was baffled to see a rather odd factory error in the right leg, as the knee seemed to be "warped" out of shape; bent back further than the original sculpt. However, thanks to the advice of a good friend of mine on another forum, I managed to fix this error using a hairdryer. Since this figure is rotocast and made of a soft plastic, a little bit of heat helped a lot.

Here's what the figure looked like prior to fixing the leg error. You can see that, thanks to the molding error, I had to use the tail to keep the figure standing up.

SOTAPumpkinhead1.png

SOTAPumpkinhead2.png

SOTAPumpkinhead4.png

Now for my second figure:

I normally don't like having two of everything or two of anything (it decreases the value IMHO), but I ultimately ended up breaking down and getting a second SOTA Pumpkinhead figure from a horror pawn shop for about $200 in October 2016. My original plan was to have this second figure repainted since the original factory paint is bafflingly inaccurate for a licensed product and because I didn't want to have my first figure repainted because of the leg error. However, since I managed to fix the leg error on my first figure on the same day that I received this one, I'm keeping them both as-is for now. Here are some pics.

Sealed in the box.

sotaph1.png

Original figure (left) vs. newer figure (right). You can see that, since the new figure doesn't have any molding errors, it stands perfectly fine without support from the included foot stands and the tail.

sotaph2.png

And here they are with my McFarlane Pumpkinhead. This is one of those "mother, father, and son" sort of pictures.

sotaph3.png

Thanks for looking,
Chakor Channing

Back