Media Nioh by Team Ninja (Koei Tecmo) (PS4 Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franpincho

Super Freak
Reaction score
Surprises me that there's no thread for this GEM. Team Ninja is back with a vengeance after disastrous attempts at making games. Ever since Itakagi left, I didn't think they still had it in them.

I was proven wrong, this game is EVERYTHING. Hard as ****, but fun, story is AMAZING. Did I mention is about freaking Samurais? The fighting mechanics are out of this world, and is being rated high by most websites! Try it!

Exited about what they will do with Ninja Gaiden again.

Last edited:
Picked it up but won't be sinking my teeth into it just yet. From what I hear it's a superb game with some super tough bosses.

It will be interesting to hear what builds people are using? I was sent a code for the Crimson Master Armour from amazon but it doesn't recognise when I put it in on the PSN website. Might need to enter on the console.

As worked on by Toei, people behind Dynasty warriors. I can see it in some of there menu scenes and some camera movement.

I been using Spears for the range and then Ninjitsu and the other magic. So spear and utility/magic.

Got your leveling / souls mechanic and death / retrieval system
Fighting vs enemies is like Dark Souls as in watching for patterns and they hurt, but faster. More arcadey for Souls, but less than Ninja Gaiden.
Weapons and fighting have high, medium, low version.
Loot is like a Diablo system, color-coded and lots of it.
Lots of skills to unlock to customize your fighting style a bit more.

Surprises me that there's no thread for this GEM. Team Ninja is back with a vengeance after disastrous attempts at making games. Ever since Itakagi left, I didn't think they still had it in them.

I was proven wrong, this game is EVERYTHING. Hard as ****, but fun, story is AMAZING. Did I mention is about freaking Samurais? The fighting mechanics are out of this world, and is being rated high by most websites! Try it!

Exited about what they will do with Ninja Gaiden again.

As a die hard Bloodborne and Dark Souls player this game is pretty cool. I would say it feels like half dark souls and half ninja gaiden. I haven't purchased it yet but I played the last beta and it was pretty fun. The only thing I didn't like was how it feels like there will be "Levels" instead of a world you play in, which to me is the most disappointing aspect of the Dark Souls games that didn't influence this game because the interconnected design of the world you explore is mind blowing in dark souls. Going to a level design construct seems like a step backwards BUT the combat and ninja loot is pretty kick ass so it did get major points from me for that. I will be picking this up though, I need something to play after my 4th play through of Bloodborne lol

The reason this game got my attention was that it looked similar to Onimusha. Loved the heck out of the first 2 games and been missing a game like that since the PS2 days.
I will pick this up once i finish Horizon Zero Dawn in march.

Looking similar to Onimusha is the main reason I picked up this game. I missed my Onimusha games. So far, Nioh is kicking my ass as I died multiple times already.

Reading all the reviews about this and one in particular that said this was better than anything From Software has ever done made me cave early, I purchased it this morning and will play it this weekend. I was going to hold off till after I finished Demon Souls (PS3) as that's one of the souls games I've never played but all the good word of mouth is to much. I can't wait to sink into this game.

Question, did they go back to the old way of CO-OP where you can play blind with another player or do you have to CO-OP with someone who's beaten the level? How has the CO-OP changed since the BETA?

co-op requires that you both have completed the mission before, they said it was too easy otherwise.

As far as how it compares to Dark Souls/Bloodborne, I wouldn't say it's definitely better, I'd just say it's as good though I like the story and the environments more in Dark Souls/Bloodborne.

For me what's also different about this is that it's not a horror game, where Dark Souls/Bloodborne makes me afraid to continue.

co-op requires that you both have completed the mission before, they said it was too easy otherwise.

As far as how it compares to Dark Souls/Bloodborne, I wouldn't say it's definitely better, I'd just say it's as good though I like the story and the environments more in Dark Souls/Bloodborne.

For me what's also different about this is that it's not a horror game, where Dark Souls/Bloodborne makes me afraid to continue.

I started the game last night and got through the tutorial stage, the first level, the first Hatori ninja training mission and the return to the first level to kill the bandits mission.

What I absolutely love about this game is the loot system. Every enemy encounter is a chance to get a better version of your favorite weapon, gear, or get new gear. I've only had one play session so far and I already feel like I have an armor set that I love. I also love that you can battle the ghosts of fallen players in a PVP like duel and they drop there own gear if you win.

I also don't think the game is to similar to the SoulsBorne series outside of the button and combat layout. There's inspiration to be had for sure, but this game is it's own beast. The base levels so far aren't that hard but the boss fights are challenging. It's complex, it's fresh, it's rewarding, and it has scratched the itch I had for a new action RPG this year.

I really like this game, but I've noticed a few problems later in my playthrough.
1) too few enemy types.
2)repetitive, but also short side missions.
3)Lack of late game build variety. Even among people I have summoned everyone does the same thing in every encounter. Debuff/slow/discord the boss followed by wailing on then in low stance/living weapon.

Add to that some of the co op woes and it definitely knocks it down a peg or two. Still think this a great game though and definitely still recommend it for soulsborne fans.

I really like this game, but I've noticed a few problems later in my playthrough.
1) too few enemy types.
2)repetitive, but also short side missions.
3)Lack of late game build variety. Even among people I have summoned everyone does the same thing in every encounter. Debuff/slow/discord the boss followed by wailing on then in low stance/living weapon.

Add to that some of the co op woes and it definitely knocks it down a peg or two. Still think this a great game though and definitely still recommend it for soulsborne fans.

I haven't CO OPED yet but this game doesn't have covenants and PVP like the souls series so I don't think I'll really dive into the CO OP that much of at all. If I can solo the game I will.

I also don't think this game is designed with builds in mind like the souls series either. I believe this game is supposed to be played as a Jack of all trades instead of just certain play styles. Again this is just some of the stuff that moves this away from the souls series which to me is refreshing. Not everyone has the time to play through a game 3 times to experience different builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that Team Ninja was behind it was enough for me to get this. I absolutely loved Ninja Gaiden and this game put a big smile on my face plus the souls influence got me more pumped for this. A true gem for sure

I haven't CO OPED yet but this game doesn't have covenants and PVP like the souls series so I don't think I'll really dive into the CO OP that much of at all. If I can solo the game I will.

I also don't think this game is designed with builds in mind like the souls series either. I believe this game is supposed to be played as a Jack of all trades instead of just certain play styles. Again this is just some of the stuff that moves this away from the souls series which to me is refreshing. Not everyone has the time to play through a game 3 times to experience different builds.

Yeah I get that it's a different game than souls series. My concern in regards to builds is that your weapon really doesn't matter unless you've built for debuffing enemies. So for example typically in RPG games I'm not much of magic guy. I prefer good old fashioned steel paired with a ranged option. So I tend to avoid using things like talismans, certain guardian spirits, onmyo etc in this game.

This made the early game bosses challenging but fun. However, some of the late game bosses become nigh impossible. I summoned anyone and suddenly my co-op partners are applying all sorts of negative effects, slowing the bosses, and pouring on damage via never ending living weapon. It's just a little bit of a bummer that some of the magic makes this game such a cakewalk comparatively to just being a good swordsman.

Yeah I get that it's a different game than souls series. My concern in regards to builds is that your weapon really doesn't matter unless you've built for debuffing enemies. So for example typically in RPG games I'm not much of magic guy. I prefer good old fashioned steel paired with a ranged option. So I tend to avoid using things like talismans, certain guardian spirits, onmyo etc in this game.

This made the early game bosses challenging but fun. However, some of the late game bosses become nigh impossible. I summoned anyone and suddenly my co-op partners are applying all sorts of negative effects, slowing the bosses, and pouring on damage via never ending living weapon. It's just a little bit of a bummer that some of the magic makes this game such a cakewalk comparatively to just being a good swordsman.

Yea I can see how the magic can be over powered. I'm using it but only when I'm on a bind and have to use it. The ninjitsu doesn't seem to be that powerful right now besides the poison and paralysis effects you can use. The magic so far has been pretty cool. The summon guardian spirit item is quite life saving. I had the green bird as my starter and using that item in the vampire boss fight saved my ass. It's an instant stun hit when it's used. I'm loving it, this game is so awesome.

Prime 1 Collectors Group

"Nioh 1/4 Scale Collectibles is coming !
Whose your top 3 most characters you would like to see!
Leave a comment below for any feedback on this."

p1 image
20954059_1891486261117089_3173063031996637056_n.jpg

google search image
nioh-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-08dec15

Nioh is for pre-order now.

Deluxe Version 1000 Bucks:
pmno-01dx_a03_press.jpg

Regular Version 600 Bucks:
pmno-01_a03_press_reg.jpg

I prefer the regular version, because I don't like the guardian spirit.

It's cool, but the character is meh IMO, not enough to warrant a 1K statue.

It does give me hope that P1 might someday do a proper Ryu Hayabusa statue though.

sheet. that'd be the first prime1 I'd happily buy.

Good thing there would be no hair to sculpt... prime1 hair is ridiculously atrocious for the price and scale.

Back